Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Thu 21, 2019 9:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: VRPS Spring Auction March 16, 2019
PostPosted: Mar Thu 14, 2019 4:41 am 

The Vintage Radio and Phonograph Society will be having our Spring Auction on March 16,2019 at 9:30 AM at the Garden and Arts Building in Irving, Texas. For more information and directions go to http://www.vrps.org or contact me at randy-jeannine@sbcglobal.net.
Randy James

Post subject: Re: VRPS Spring Auction March 16, 2019
PostPosted: Mar Sat 16, 2019 5:36 pm 

Randy, I sure hope that the organization will not hold any more auctions in that building. Seating was horrible. Isles to get to the seating was very narrow. People who were able to sit were sitting elbow to elbow. You couldn't see the items well that were on the auction block. When I got there all seats were taken. I was not going to stand for a 3 - 4 hour auction. I stayed for 3 to 4 items into the auction and just left. One person that got there when I did didn't stay past the second item. One person was walking in as I was leaving. I figured I would let him decide for himself if he wanted to stand for the entire auction.

Regarding the use of that particular building I heard from Jim (president of VRPS) that the City of Irvin basically pushed us in there because the building we normally use is undergoing renovations. I just hope that if this is ever the case in the future that an alternative location is selected.

PostPosted: Mar Mon 18, 2019 2:37 am 

Mike, I am sorry that you left early. When we saw the people standing we pulled some extra chairs out. I guess you had already left. That was the truth about the city renovating the other building. If you can believe it the alternative building is even smaller than that one.One year we had to use that building for our Christmas party and we had more people come that year than ever before. We did have more people than usual at the auction this year. You never know. We have to reserve the buildings the year before and have to take what's available. Anyway I am sorry for your bad experience and I hope you won't hold it against us. Randy

PostPosted: Mar Mon 18, 2019 6:00 am 

No, I wouldn't hold anything like that against the club. I understand that is how things go sometime. It did look like a pretty good crowd that showed up. I can't judge against previous turnout because the room was so much smaller. :) See you at one of our other events soon buddy.