Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Mon 24, 2020 6:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Antique Radio Charlotte -- March 26-28
PostPosted: Feb Fri 14, 2020 12:45 pm 

The website of the Carolinas chapter of the Antique Wireless Association has been updated with information about its upcoming 3-day show -- March 26-28 -- which this year (for the first time) is being co-hosted by the Carolina Antique Music & Phonograph Society and will focus on antique phonographs as well as antique radios.

The conference is an annual event, and it typically brings hundreds of attendees from all over the east coast, including many locals who aren't necessarily hardcore enthusiasts but have a general interest in electro-mechanical antiques.

The show is being held once again at the Sheraton Hotel in Charlotte NC, just a few minutes from the airport.

The two clubs have indoor as well as outdoor tables available for phonograph and radio vendors, and the hotel is offering drastically discounted rooms to show attendees who book early and mention what function they're attending (tell them "Antique Radio Charlotte." BTW, the discount is worth taking advantage of -- the hotel's rooms are not cheap if you make reservations at the last minute).

On the radio group's website, there's now a link to the event, along with a downloadable brochure and contact info for the hotel. There's a separate link at the bottom of that page for vendor information, and there's a form in brochure for vendor table reservations. I don't think the radio club is set up with paypal, so you'll need to mail the form in or bring it to the show.

Here's the link: http://cc-awa.club/arc

-- Grant

Post subject: Re: Antique Radio Charlotte -- March 26-28
PostPosted: Feb Sat 15, 2020 3:10 pm 

I just called and set up my hotel reservation. I may be able to help others avoid the hassle I had getting a room. At first, I was told hotel was booked up. I told her there was a block of rooms reserved for AWA, antique radio, still nothing. She finally found the block of rooms under Carolinas Wireless. I asked her to add Radio in there somewhere to make it easier to find.......maybe she did??

Ed

PostPosted: Feb Sat 15, 2020 3:41 pm 

That's good to know, Ed. Thanks for the heads up. I made my Sheraton reservation on Wednesday, and the reservation agent was able to find the block of rooms under "Antique Radio Charlotte," but it did take her a while to find it.

--Grant

PostPosted: Feb Mon 17, 2020 7:16 am 

Is any publicity being done in the Charlotte area for this event? I have never seen any and that is a VERY weathy town, new apartments going up everywhere, would love to see some folks under the age of 60 at this event. Nobody in Charlotte seems to know it exists. i have attended every one of them for 26 years now, its a nice escape from late Michigan winter.

http://www.oldradioparts.net