Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently May Wed 27, 2020 1:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ARCI Radiofest 2020 in Illinois officially CANCELLED
PostPosted: May Sun 10, 2020 3:15 am 

From the Illinois club:

CANCELLED:
ARCI RADIOFEST 2020
Dear ARCI members and friends,

On May 5, 2020, the Illinois Governor announced the five-phase plan to Restore Illinois based on the Covid-19 virus regression. The key takeaway from the document is that gatherings of over 50 people, conventions, festivals, and large events will not be permitted until the final phase (Phase 5). The state is currently in Phase 2 and must meet requirements in successive Phases 3 and 4 to attain Phase 5 status. Requirements to meet Phase 5 are: “With a vaccine or highly effective treatment widely available or the elimination of any new cases over a sustained period ….” This is a tall order with an undefined time frame.

So, as we have heard happening with so many other summer events, we really have no choice but to cancel the August 7 & 8, 2020 Radiofest event. As disappointing as it is, compliance to Restore Illinois is not only a requirement it is paramount for the safety of our members, friends, and all event attendees. We are now planning for Radiofest to return in 2021.

Please find creative ways to share the hobby and stay in touch with fellow radio collectors.

Best regards,

Steve Muchow
Radiofest 2020 Chair

Updates are also available on:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ARCI.org

Post subject: Re: ARCI Radiofest 2020 in Illinois officially cancelled
PostPosted: May Sun 10, 2020 4:05 am 

How about contacting club members or advertise on their website about getting as few as 3 or 4 sellers together at someone's garage and have a series of mini-swapfests in the one city on the same day.
Probably difficult to co-ordinate but possible. There likely wouldn't be any more than a dozen or two people there at one time and its outdoors. Masks and gloves optional.

Post subject: Re: ARCI Radiofest 2020 in Illinois officially cancelled
PostPosted: May Sun 10, 2020 3:51 pm 

forumuser wrote:
How about contacting club members or advertise on their website about getting as few as 3 or 4 sellers together at someone's garage and have a series of mini-swapfests in the one city on the same day.
Probably difficult to co-ordinate but possible. There likely wouldn't be any more than a dozen or two people there at one time and its outdoors. Masks and gloves optional.

That is not something the club would ever sanction. We'd have absolutely no control over it, and no way to ensure that it would be safe, or that it doesn't violate state or local rules that are in place. Right now, Illinois is in Phase 2, which doesn't allow for any gatherings. If we were to make it to Phase3 by August, the limit would be only 10 people in total.

Post subject: Re: ARCI Radiofest 2020 in Illinois officially CANCELLED
PostPosted: May Mon 11, 2020 12:26 pm 

Wow, they really came down hard in your state.
Oh well, it was just a suggestion to help out all of us that are really, really wanting to buy and sell at swapfests.
I'll have to figure out how to get the word out if I want to have a garage sale. I was hoping that putting out the word on our local radio club's website would help. But maybe not after seeing your post about their possible liability.

PostPosted: May Sat 23, 2020 1:56 am 

I joined ARCI for the first time at the last meeting so to be ready for Radiofest. At least I got a piece of cake.

PostPosted: May Sat 23, 2020 4:23 am 

Have a t-shirt made that says " I joined ARCI and all I got was a piece of cake"