Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Tue 26, 2019 7:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NEARC swapmeet/training session October 6th in Brookline, NH
PostPosted: Sep Thu 06, 2018 10:04 pm 

Hello again, everyone! One month left 'til the next NEARC Swapmeet in Brookline, NH! Here are the specifics:

WHERE: Brookline Event Center, 32 Proctor Hill Road, Brookline, NH 03033
WHEN: Saturday, October 6th, 2018
HOW MUCH: General admission for both the tailgating area and the indoor space will be $5 between 7AM (selling starts at 7:30AM, see below) and 10AM, and free afterwards! Show will be held rain or shine. Remember, NEARC has never cancelled an event, and NEVER will!

Like last fall's show, there will be some training sessions during the show. More info about said sessions can be found here, but I'll list the basics:

1. "Vintage Electronics Pickers 101", hosted by Bruce Phillips. Unlike the other training sessions, this one will occur in the tailgating area at 7AM, before selling begins in earnest at 7:30AM.
Both of the following will be held inside the building after the show is over, starting around 12:15PM:
2. (Introductory level) "What to Do When a Re-capped Radio Doesn't Work", hosted by Jim Buliszak.
3. (Advanced level) "Sweep Alignment of a Receiver", hosted by Ross Hochstrasser.

More info about the show can be found here. Hope to see you there! 8)
-Adam

http://www.electronixandmore.com/adam/index.html

Post subject: Re: NEARC swapmeet/training session October 6th in Brookline
PostPosted: Oct Tue 02, 2018 5:49 pm 

Hello, everyone. Less than a week to go! Owing to some feedback I've received, I feel I should clarify something:

The $5 general admission I listed above is for buyers. In order to sell at NEARC shows, you need to be a club member, which costs $6 per year. In addition, you must buy one or more indoor table spaces, which cost $20 each, or tailgating spaces in the outdoor lot, which cost $15 each. Info on joining the club can be found here, and info on reserving spaces can be found here.
-Adam

http://www.electronixandmore.com/adam/index.html