Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Sat 20, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Don't miss RADIO 50!!!!! March 3rd in Nashua, NH
PostPosted: Feb Mon 18, 2019 7:03 am 

Hello, everyone! Less than two weeks until the NEARC/NEVEE antique radio/vintage electronics show, once again being held at the Courtyard by Marriott in north Nashua, NH. 100+ tables, and 60+ vendors, it's the biggest show on the East Coast! Vintage electronics of all sorts, including antique radios, televisions, vintage audio equipment, and who knows what else! Hours are as follows, rain or shine:

Flea market: 8AM to 1:00PM
Low cost lunch: 12:30PM - 1:30PM
Guest speakers (tba): 1:30PM - 4:00PM

Buyer admission is $10 (spouses and children under 18 free) between 8AM and 11AM; admission for both the flea market and guest speakers is free after 11AM. Don't forget, NEARC/NEVEC has never canceled a show, and we NEVER will! The address for the show is:

Courtyard by Marriott, Event Center, 2200 Southwood Drive, Nashua, NH 03063 (US-3/Everett Turnpike exit 8 ).

More info and directions can be found here. Don't miss it!
-Adam

http://www.electronixandmore.com/adam/index.html

Post subject: Re: Don't miss RADIO 50!!!!! March 3rd in Nashua, NH
PostPosted: Feb Mon 25, 2019 5:46 pm 

I am inviting anyone interested in earlier apparatus to visit me Saturday before the meet or the day after. If you like the early stuff and antique cars come on down. I live on the NH line about 20 minutes west of Nashua in Townsend, MA.
PM me if interested. I would be glad to have you come.
Merrill

PostPosted: Mar Fri 01, 2019 2:36 am 

I just discovered the phone number on the web page for the Marriot was incorrect, it's for the Radisson! My wife spotted it and we were able to correct it and get a room tonight and cancel the Radisson reservation we made weeks ago. I let Bruce know and he is correcting it. See you all there, bringing lots of Dynaco tube amp stuff.

PostPosted: Mar Sun 03, 2019 8:06 pm 

Just returned from the show in Nashua and picked up a nice restored Sparton table top. In general this is a nice little show held in a great location. I was disappointed that I didn't find more restored radios for sale. Most were project radios that can be found at yard sale, ebay, etc. I hope the planners continue to work on getting more quality radios as most collectors I know would rather pay top dollar in person at a show like this rather than taking the risk buying over the internet. Thanks for all the positive things about the show.

PostPosted: Mar Sun 03, 2019 8:51 pm 

Oh gee, I guess I missed it... :lol:

Time to restart the trunk sale meets, no disappointments :wink:

PostPosted: Mar Sun 03, 2019 11:17 pm 

I had a great time. Attendance seemed a little off from last year, both for dealers and buyers, but it was still nice to wander round and see all the goodies.

Test equipment was pretty thin this year. Lou deGonzague takes the distortion analyzer prize: he had an HP 333A, a Heathkit IM-58 Harmonic Distortion Meter (or it might have been an IM-48, an Eico 902 Audio Analyzer (I've never seen one before), and a B&W distortion analyzer.

Walter Clay had his HH Scott Type 830 Multiplex Stereo Generator again this year. I think it's a custom job for their production line.

There was a nice minty Triplett 630-NA, with case and probes. I saw a couple of other Triplett 630's as well.

I sold a Hickok 277X signal generator that I had restored. Lou had a nice Hickok signal generator, maybe a model 18?, something old-style. That's about it for notable test equipment.

PostPosted: Mar Mon 04, 2019 12:53 am 

What a great show! Thanks to everyone who showed up, or tried to make it. I know it can be a bit crazy with the weather we've been dealing with lately, but fortunately the snowstorms parted just in time. As usual, I ended up buying things which had little or nothing to do with radio, but given that the show has been re-positioning itself towards vintage electronics, I ended up right in line anyway. :mrgreen: Picked up a Mitsubishi LT-640 vertical turntable, an RCA Studio II video game console, a quartet of Svetlana 6550C tubes, a set of Audio-Technica AT-605 isolation feet, and a couple of boxes of Commodore Amiga computer software. Can't wait for the next NEARC/NEVEC show on May 18th in Brookline, NH! Hope to see you there, especially since I'll hopefully get a table and try to sell some stuff next time around.......... :roll:
-Adam

PostPosted: Mar Mon 04, 2019 12:57 am 

Is this the same show that used to be at the Westford Regency in MA? If so, when did it move?
I used to go to that one all the time but have not in recent years.

PostPosted: Mar Mon 04, 2019 1:09 am 

Scott wrote:
Is this the same show that used to be at the Westford Regency in MA? If so, when did it move?
I used to go to that one all the time but have not in recent years.

Yes, this is the same show. John Terrey decided to retire from running the Westford show, so he turned it over to the New England Antique Radio Club, who continued to hold it at the Regency for a few years. Unfortunately, the Westford Regency changed hands a few times, and when they started raising their prices, the club decided to find a new place to hold the show. Fortunately, the management and staff at the Mariott have been very accommodating.
-Adam

PostPosted: Mar Mon 04, 2019 1:30 am 

I also had a good time . I picked up my third Philco 90. Really nice cabinet,each one I get keeps getting better. Thought the show had a great turn out. It was hard to leave with only one radio I wanted two others and the nice Edison Gem cylinder player that was for sale. Can not wait for the next show. paul

PostPosted: Mar Mon 04, 2019 10:35 am 

anyone shoot a video or pix of this show?
Mark Oppat

PostPosted: Mar Mon 04, 2019 11:34 am 

Alas my phone battery was low, so no photos from me. I think one club member may be a pro videographer - at least someone with fancy equipment was videoing the show. We may see something posted on the club mailing list in a while.

PostPosted: Mar Mon 04, 2019 3:12 pm 

Mark,
I believe a video was shot of the show by one member's son and normally another club member takes some pics. Watch the NEVEE/NEARC website for a posting.
Henry

PostPosted: Mar Mon 04, 2019 8:57 pm 

I also had a good time at the show this year. I came home with a B&K 1076 Television Analyst, complete with books and slides, and a few tubes.

Jeff

PostPosted: Mar Tue 26, 2019 1:38 am 

It was a good time and I sold just about everything I brought. The guy next to me was a NASA engineer stationed at Houston when the moon landing took place and we had great conversation at the bar the night before. I think Bruce did a great job and hope the new Pres will follow the course.

Attachments:
nevee-2.jpg [95 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
nevee-5.jpg [120.33 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
nevee-1.jpg [79.12 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Mar Wed 27, 2019 5:39 am 

Great pics, Lou! Wish I'd grabbed some of that Dynaco tube gear on your table, but I probably have enough of it by this point anyway, methinks. :roll: Anyway, some pictures which were taken at the show can be found at the NEVEC FaceBook page here.
-Adam