Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Tue 04, 2020 2:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Michigan Antique Radio Club Meet
PostPosted: Aug Mon 12, 2019 5:02 am 

I have been to Kalamazoo the past few years and really enjoyed the meet put on by the Michigan Club. The inside venue out of the heat and no fear of rainstorms was really nice. I went to Lansing a couple of times before that and it was also a great meet.

I have heard that the club may consider moving away from Kalamazoo next year or the year after, probably to the east. Does anyone have any additional information on this, or is it an unsubstantiated rumor? Unless they move it to the Upper Peninsula I will still look forward to attending the "Michigan Meet" wherever it might be. You guys do a good job!

Post subject: Re: Michigan Antique Radio Club Meet
PostPosted: Aug Mon 12, 2019 3:45 pm 

oldradioparts wrote:
The problem out in the Kzoo area seems to be the lack of strong media. Only one TV station there (the other two in Grand Rapids) and no strong local events tabloid like the Metro Times is in Detroit area (with the large on-line readership).

We have our eye on a great venue, just a question of negotiating an affordable price. We'll see ... keep an eye on the event site for updates in September. http://www.thevee.org
Mark Oppat
MARC media relations volunteer.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=359810

Post subject: Re: Michigan Antique Radio Club Meet
PostPosted: Aug Mon 12, 2019 3:57 pm 

If you do end up moving east I hope you guys can find an indoor venue as nice as the one in Kalamazoo! Best of luck in your search.