Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently May Tue 26, 2020 11:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Antique Radio Swap March 15 West Allis, Wisconsin - PHOTOS!
PostPosted: Feb Fri 28, 2020 5:49 pm 

Wisconsin Antique Radio Club Swap Meet
Sunday, March 15, 2020
http://warci.org/

General Meet Information

Address:
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
8201 W Greenfield Ave.
West Allis, WI 53214

Google map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hampt ... 2?hl=en-US

There is no charge for admission!

Doors open by 7:00 AM for sellers to setup. The flea market starts at 8:00 AM, announcements are held at 10:30 AM, followed by the donation auction, and then a pizza snack at around 11AM. Each meet will vary slightly, so check out the monthly flyer for more information!

As typical of most swap meets, the items are for sale by individual collectors, and most are one-of-a-kind. So for best selection (and the best deals), BE EARLY! But please stay around and get to meet some of the club members. These swap meets are a great way to connect with other local collectors that share your interests. By socializing at the meets you can find others that may have what you are looking for, radios & parts, people that can service your radios, and you can make some good friends.

Swap meet spaces are $7 for WARCI members, and $10 for non-members. Please note, due to limited space, tables will be limited to 2 tables per seller for the West Allis meets.

The meet will be held in the conference room, which is the northernmost wing of the complex.

The parking lot is on the west side of the north end of the complex with a direct entry to the conference room.

The door we will be using to load/unload faces the parking lot we will be using. That way we don't drag a mess in through the lobby to mess up their carpet.

Buyers and other foot traffic can use either the direct outside door or come through the hotel lobby.

Remember, table space is limited at this venue. We sold out of tables by 7:05AM at the January meet. In January the doors were open by 6:30AM for early seller setup. Don't be late!

Photos from our January meet at the Hampton can be seen here: http://warci.org/january-19th-2020-meet-photos/

And yes, we are looking at a larger location for our 2020-2021 winter/early spring swap meets. We've booked a new venue in New Berlin for our September 2020 swap that we're hoping will be a great fit for the early 2021 meets. More info on that meet is here: http://warci.org/event/warci-swap-meet- ... nce_id=123

We are glad club membership and swap meet participation in increasing, and we will do our best to meet the needs. And if you have any suggestions for our club's future, please be sure to talk with our club president, Nick Tillich, or other Board members to help us become the club you want us to be! All members and WARCI guests are always welcome to attend our Board of Director meetings after each Milwaukee meet to share your thoughts and ideas.

If you haven't renewed your club dues for 2020 yet, or if you wish for more information about joining the club, please see Nick Tillich at the club headquarter tables.

***And yes! We do again have pizza around 11AM for those that stay until the end of the swap meet.***

Attachment:
2020-03-15 flyer large.jpg
2020-03-15 flyer large.jpg [ 308.4 KiB | Viewed 2930 times ]

Last edited by wiscojim on Mar Wed 25, 2020 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Antique Radio Swap Sunday March 15 in West Allis, Wiscon
PostPosted: Mar Sun 08, 2020 12:04 am 

Sigh... This venue is too small. I'm not going to bother packing the truck with radios for sale. Between the lack of tables and severe lack of parking spaces last time, I don't want to take a chance again. It also doesn't help that people are let in early while the people that abide by the posted times get screwed. I'll just have to wait for the club to find a bigger venue.

This is just me being a sour puss. Don't let me stop any of you from your plans to buy or sell. They always have a good selection of stuff and nice people there.

Post subject: Re: Antique Radio Swap Sunday March 15 in West Allis, Wiscon
PostPosted: Mar Fri 13, 2020 4:37 pm 

From the president of the WARCI club:

COVID-19 and the March 15th WARCI Swap Meet

For those of you who are wondering, WARCI is still moving forward as planned with our scheduled swap meet on Sunday, March 15th.

Unless you have been trapped under a rock these past few weeks, you've been inundated with various news stories surrounding COVID-19, the novel Coronavirus. On Thursday, Governor Tony Evers declared a public health emergency for the state of Wisconsin, and DHS secretary Andrea Palm recommended that public events of 250 people or more be cancelled.

For WARCI, our January meet attendance peaked at 55 buyers and sellers, and it was not the shoulder-to-shoulder crowd that everyone is rightfully concerned about. I'd like to think that our event poses no more risk than a trip to the grocery store, but I'll let you decide what is the best decision for you to make regarding your health and whether or not you should attend on Sunday. We are fortunate that Milwaukee county has no confirmed cases of the Coronavirus, but given the advance of the virus in other parts of the country, it is all but inevitable that Milwaukee will see cases in the coming days.

I've already heard from several of you that you will be attending the meet. Great! If you are planning on attending on Sunday, here are some helpful precautions:
If you are feeling sick or are immunocompromised, please stay home. WARCI has six more meets scheduled for 2020 and we'll look forward to seeing you then. The CDC warns that "Older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness."
Skip the handshake! A friendly hello will do.
Wash your hands! The Hampton Inn has bathrooms just outside the ballroom, please wash your hands during the show, before you touch your face, eat or drink, and once again before you return home to your family.
I'd like to personally wish you and your family well during this unprecedented time. I hope you will be able to find some solace in this wonderful hobby of ours, and I look forward to seeing you at a future WARCI event.

Sincerely,

Nick Tillich
WARCI President
president[at]warci[dot]org

Last edited by wiscojim on Apr Fri 17, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Antique Radio Swap March 15 West Allis, Wisconsin - STIL
PostPosted: Mar Sat 14, 2020 10:32 pm 

Thankyou for having the courage to continue. I'll see you there.

PostPosted: Mar Sat 14, 2020 10:41 pm 

forumuser wrote:
Thankyou for having the courage to continue. I'll see you there.

At least the parking lot won't be full of snow this time. And if there's no boat show going on next door as there was in January, there should be better parking.

PostPosted: Mar Wed 25, 2020 4:35 am 

Photos are now up on our club website: http://warci.org/march-15th-2020-meet-photos/

Post subject: Re: Antique Radio Swap March 15 West Allis, Wisconsin - PHOT
PostPosted: Mar Wed 25, 2020 3:31 pm 

Looks like a decent turnout, wish I could have made it. Any idea how much the RCA neon was?

Post subject: Re: Antique Radio Swap March 15 West Allis, Wisconsin - PHOT
PostPosted: Mar Wed 25, 2020 3:37 pm 

bullseyeguyz wrote:
Looks like a decent turnout, wish I could have made it. Any idea how much the RCA neon was?

Jim C. was asking $900. Not sold.