Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Thu 18, 2019 11:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: any Dallas stations that play music??
PostPosted: Aug Tue 07, 2018 8:13 pm 

I'm already tired of news, politics, religion, and spanish crap. I'd like to find some music.. any kind! I may just have to rig up a small AM transmitter that'll play oldies streaming in from the internet... just to get the effect (and show off to my friends/family). hmmm, maybe I could build a prototype and market that here :) or maybe they exist already. I know they have AM transmitters for broadcasting Christmas music when people drive by their houses looking at Christmas lights.

Post subject: Re: any Dallas stations that play music??
PostPosted: Aug Thu 09, 2018 1:59 pm 

Stay tuned guys! (pun intended) I am building a small AM transmitter with a bluetooth audio feed so I can stream the oldies to my radios... like it should be! I'll probably post a Youtube video. Chris

PostPosted: Aug Fri 10, 2018 3:58 am 

Search here, top of the page for AM transmitter and you will see designs and much more, 1 or 2 tubes, transistors and ready made IC's that just need a few components. That's in the Homebrew forum mostly. Also there is the Talking House ad in the right hand column.
A signal generator can transmit on AM with a 10'wire on the output. Your music goes to the external input. That is option #3.

PostPosted: Aug Fri 10, 2018 6:35 am 

westcoastjohn wrote:
A signal generator can transmit on AM with a 10'wire on the output. Your music goes to the external input. That is option #3.

What would be the range with the 10' "antenna"?

PostPosted: Aug Sat 11, 2018 4:33 am 

fifties wrote:
westcoastjohn wrote:

What would be the range with the 10' "antenna"?
My Heathkit SG-8 transmits 20 or 30 feet. Some radios receive better than others.

PostPosted: Jan Thu 17, 2019 7:47 pm 

Yourpilotincommand wrote:
I'm already tired of news, politics, religion, and spanish crap. I'd like to find some music.. any kind! I may just have to rig up a small AM transmitter that'll play oldies streaming in from the internet... just to get the effect (and show off to my friends/family). hmmm, maybe I could build a prototype and market that here :) or maybe they exist already. I know they have AM transmitters for broadcasting Christmas music when people drive by their houses looking at Christmas lights.

I share your pain. I listen to KKYX 680 (San Antonio ) on a nightly basis. They're country and put in a descent signal here in the FL panhandle. I have two strong stations to the north that make it difficult for me on the same frequency, but later when propagation shifts more to the west, they come in better. I've also found KKOW 860 in Pittsburg, KS. I agree, any music is better than news/talk/sports.