Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Sat 23, 2019 2:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Does anyone collect 45 rpm records?
PostPosted: Feb Sat 02, 2019 4:32 am 

I don't collect 45's in the sense of creating a collection, but I've had a Jukebox in the house for the last 30 years, so whenever I've found good 45's at a good price I've picked them up, Antique Malls, Record Stores, Thrift Stores, Swap Meets or whatever, lately even picking up a few harder to find records from eBay.

I have several thousand at this point, I've recently been going through them to pick some out for another Jukebox I restored last year.

The boxes on this shelf hold between 125-150 each, I probably have half again as many stashed around the house, the music ranges from late 40's to the end of the 45 production.

The two big storage boxes on the top are full of LP's my FIL gave me, lots of vintage country and early - 1960s rock including some Buddy Holly (probably reissues) and all near mint.

Attachment:
45s.jpg
45s.jpg [ 65.93 KiB | Viewed 136 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Sun 10, 2019 11:20 am 

The Japanese Sandman wrote:
I was just curious, but does anyone out there but me collect primarily 45 rpm records? I mention this because when someone says that they collect "vinyl", they usually mean albums. I collect 45's because based upon my experience, I find both the sound quality and the content of a 45 single to generally superior than that of their album counterpart.

Yes generally they do sound better.... But I have had several that are these newer SEE THRU material that sound like crap!! (They started doing this in the 70s and it really does sound worse (To me anyway))

When I started collecting 45s I had several that you could see thru and all sounded worse than the 33 of the same song...... I have since gotton rid of ALL SEE THRU records I had.........

I prefer traditional black records,to me they sound the best and always have!