Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Tue 24, 2020 2:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RIP Charlie Daniels
PostPosted: Jul Mon 06, 2020 7:10 pm 

Years ago, Charlie put on absolutely fantastic live performances. Wife and I were fortunate to attend a few; he was a consummate entertainer, and a very talented musician as well. RIP.

Dan

Post subject: Re: RIP Charlie Daniels
PostPosted: Jul Mon 06, 2020 7:48 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
Another of the good ones gone .....

My favourites :

- Uneasy Rider
- The Devil went down to Georgia

PostPosted: Jul Mon 06, 2020 8:54 pm 

I met him once when he came to do a concert for the Airmen of Barksdale AFB. He and his wife were very nice people and very kind to everyone they met. Charlie signed autographs and spent a lot of time with each person. One older gentleman brought in two fiddles that he had made and Charlie took the time to play them both and signed each of them. I can think of a number of celebrities who would have thrown a fit but not Charlie. I ask him if he still did Uneasy Rider while we were waiting for showtime and he said he still got requests then during the show he mentioned that I had requested the song and really did it right.

Below is a picture he took with me and my wife when we greeted him before the show.

Attachment:
Charlie Daniels 005 (2).jpg
Charlie Daniels 005 (2).jpg [ 190.35 KiB | Viewed 1054 times ]

RIP Charlie Daniels

Dwayne

Just because it's a bad idea, doesnt mean it won't be a good time!

PostPosted: Jul Mon 06, 2020 9:51 pm 

Only 83 and will be missed. The greats are dying off and there is nobody to take their place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjPAqmnvGA "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"

DM

PostPosted: Jul Tue 07, 2020 10:11 pm 

Me on Fender jazz bass and my Fender Rhodes playin' buddy Clark worked out a version of his great ol' tune from the '76 "Saddle Tramp" LP, "Sweetwater Texas" late last night in my shack studio, nice tricky modulation C.D. wrote at the outro and incredible pedal steel guitar work from late great Toy Caldwell...I'm sure gonna miss him...One of the few great ones to speak out unintimidated from the good old days to the present!

DM- Thanks for posting that old video from 1978, it was neat to see Taz playin' keys with a broken arm one handed and not missing a note!

PostPosted: Aug Tue 11, 2020 5:18 am 

Didn't expect to see a tread about Charlie Daniels on this site. A talented musician, one of my favorite country performers.Thanks to him, I learned how a violin can sound organically in country music, and it's interesting to see that from the videos on youtube you can see that the classic, not the electronic...