Jeff Beck is gone. Great guitar player.

Discussions of cylinder records, 78s, 45s, LPs, cassettes, 8-track tapes, reel-to-reel tapes; the music and the musicians, producers, backup groups and record labels. Ads are not permitted.
SteveT
Mar Tue 03, 2009 10:12 pm
Great Bend, Kansas 67530

Jeff Beck is gone. Great guitar player.

Post by SteveT »

I especially liked his playing on Rod Stewart's People Get Ready.
Scott
Jan Thu 01, 1970 12:00 am
Apex, NC 27523

Re: Jeff Beck is gone. Great guitar player.

Post by Scott »

He was a great player. I saw him play at Madison Square Garden with Stevie Ray Vaughan in maybe 1989 or so.
processhead
Jul Tue 15, 2008 5:13 pm
Gretna, Nebraska

Post by processhead »

Paul
...... how hard can it be?
westcoastjohn
Dec Sat 24, 2011 8:17 pm
Qualicum Beach, Canada

Post by westcoastjohn »

The Jeff Beck album with a green apple on the cover, Rod Stewart sings "I Ain't Superstitious", then shortly after gets together with the Small Faces.
Jeff Beck invented many cool guitar licks while with the Yardbirds, such as "Heart Full of Soul". There's a video of Jimmy Page playing that tune note for note with a bit of added flair, after Beck has left the group.
There's a video of them both backing up Eric Clapton in the 1980's, contrasting styles, no doubt.
There's a film clip where Beck smashes a cheap guitar on stage, but he is acting the part of Pete Townsend for the movie, not something he'd ever do on his own. (David Hemmings I think stars in that movie, can't recall the name.)
Anyway, Beck looks frustrated with the role they ask him to play, no wonder he left the group and went on his own.
He was serious about his music, and his legacy lives on, RIP, Jeff Beck.
Read the War Diaries: A Radio Amateur in Kyiv, Stalemate by Volodymyr Gurtovy
[:l>I
Zenith Royal
Oct Mon 02, 2017 7:53 am
Destin, FL 32541

Post by Zenith Royal »

There's a song he had from an album in the early 80s I liked, but can't remember the name of it. He had a hit from that album.
I've read where he could be temperamental, like when something didn't go right, and kick an amplifier or speaker. It's amazing how much talent was in The Yardbirds.
You must be register and login to post a reply.