Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Tue 23, 2019 12:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Andrea Radio/TV Model T-VK12
PostPosted: May Fri 17, 2019 11:18 pm 

Can anyone tell me what the value of a 1948/49 Andrea 12" Model T-VK12 TV/radio is? The exterior is in good shape, not sure about the insides. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Andrea Radio/TV Model T-VK12
PostPosted: May Sat 18, 2019 6:38 am 

You should ask this on the Antique Television Discussions forum. Are you looking to buy or sell? I did a search here. Not that many hits, but nothing suggested they go for very much money.

Dale

PostPosted: May Sat 18, 2019 1:06 pm 

I purchased a sweet one for $50 two years ago. It was the last thing left at an estate sale and nobody wanted it. That is in NJ, other places in the country may demand more. They really are nice sets, but very heavy.
If you can't test the CRT or it is weak, then you won't get top dollar, which I would say is $125.

PostPosted: May Sat 18, 2019 1:26 pm 

Scott wrote:
I purchased a sweet one for $50 two years ago. It was the last thing left at an estate sale and nobody wanted it. That is in NJ, other places in the country may demand more. They really are nice sets, but very heavy.
If you can't test the CRT or it is weak, then you won't get top dollar, which I would say is $125.

Same story with me. Found an excellent example at an estate sale for $50 years ago. I believe people were passing by it just because it looked so big and heavy - which it is! It's a quality set similiar to period Dumonts, but I believe the CRT's on these can have the center ion burn mark. Sometimes it's tolerable, sometimes it's distracting. Here in the metro NY area, if it's really nice shape you might get $150-$200, preferably with a tested CRT.

PostPosted: May Sat 18, 2019 4:14 pm 

Thanks all for your input, appreciate it.

PostPosted: May Wed 22, 2019 1:23 am 

I bought a mahogany tabletop one with the rare matching factory table for 50 bucks. About 10 years ago. One of my favorite sets. 8)

PostPosted: May Wed 22, 2019 1:27 am 

https://s268.photobucket.com/user/300cS ... sto?sort=2

Before and After restoration process.

Enjoy 8)

PostPosted: May Wed 22, 2019 1:50 am 

M3-SRT8 wrote:
https://s268.photobucket.com/user/300cSRT8_photos/slideshow/Andrea%2520T-VK12%2520and%2520Table%2520Resto?sort=2

Enjoy 8)

Spectacular job! I wish I would've kept mine now. I sold before I even had a chance to get it on my friends bench. The chassis was perfect and shining like new. It was an excellent original. My favorite part is the pre-war looking lit dial area with "Sharp Focus Television" written on it.

PostPosted: May Wed 22, 2019 3:29 pm 

decojoe67 wrote:
M3-SRT8 wrote:
https://s268.photobucket.com/user/300cSRT8_photos/slideshow/Andrea%2520T-VK12%2520and%2520Table%2520Resto?sort=2

Enjoy 8)

Spectacular job! I wish I would've kept mine now. I sold before I even had a chance to get it on my friends bench. The chassis was perfect and shining like new. It was an excellent original. My favorite part is the pre-war looking lit dial area with "Sharp Focus Television" written on it.

Thanks. As you can see in the later pics, I ended up swapping out the original DuMont 12" CRT, with it's ion burn and gassy performance, for a 12LP4. It works well, but the tail prevents me from attaching the rear screen.

If anyone has a nice performing DuMont 12" CRT I'm interested... 8)

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2019 12:06 am 

I've got one of these as well and consider it one of my nicer TVs. It's fully restored and nicely refinished. With its big slide rule dial with continuous tuning, it's an interesting set to restore and use. A bit DuMont-like, but not a DuMont. I've got a NOS DuMont 12QP4 in mine.

$50 is a very good deal on one of these. I'd probably give it a value a little higher than that unrestored. If the cabinet is in fabulous condition, much higher.

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2019 1:33 am 

Tom Albrecht wrote:
$50 is a very good deal on one of these. I'd probably give it a value a little higher than that unrestored. If the cabinet is in fabulous condition, much higher.

That is going to depend where in the country you are. My cabinet is in fabulous condition, yet it was advertised for a couple of months on CL at $100 with no takers, and I got it for $50. Lots of old TV's in my neck of the woods and not a lot of collectors of TV's. Other parts of the Country, yes, I would agree that it would command a bit more money.

Here is mine in as found condition before any cleaning.

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2019 3:53 pm 

Location is a big factor; in many parts of the U.S., early sets just can't be found.

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2019 4:29 pm 

Tim Tress wrote:
Location is a big factor; in many parts of the U.S., early sets just can't be found.

Yes. When I got my excellent example for $50, I really had no room for it so I put it up for auction. I got over $700 for it from a west coast collector. I was expecting maybe $200!
I must say, it's a BIG beast. You can land a helicopter on it! :)

PostPosted: Jun Mon 03, 2019 1:11 am 

Scott wrote:
Tom Albrecht wrote:

That is going to depend where in the country you are. My cabinet is in fabulous condition, yet it was advertised for a couple of months on CL at $100 with no takers, and I got it for $50. Lots of old TV's in my neck of the woods and not a lot of collectors of TV's. Other parts of the Country, yes, I would agree that it would command a bit more money.

Here is mine in as found condition before any cleaning.

Beautiful shape. A keeper. 8)

PostPosted: Jun Wed 05, 2019 6:36 am 

About 3-4 years ago one was offered north of NY city/NY, it was a console with AM/FM radio.
The back was missing and the cabin was badly scratched.
I wanted to pay the asking price of about 200-300 US$, had back in that time a crater/shipper, but the
woman ignored my offers. :cry:
It was on CL I think but I may be wrong.
The set was offered for more than a year, nobody wanted that graveyard stone.

Btw. the last trouble maker was a guy from about the same area, or a little more north, who offered
a rough mirror-in-lid console, a nice Sparton.
The set was offered at the ETF site, the seller was always telling me other stories why he just had no
time to crate and giving me a rate for the crate.
I had to prefer to give a company a job to pick it up, crate it and shipping it to Germany but this is not
more possible, had to find it a few years earlier! :evil:

Regards,
SIXMILLION DOLLARMAN