Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Mon 22, 2019 1:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Telerent leasing corporation tv (i broke it and need help.)
PostPosted: May Tue 21, 2019 11:51 pm 

so i was trying to adjust the focus like mentioned before, no luck ( i was just going to settle on how it looked) so i unplugged the coax and was going to unplug power and pow. the coax cable touched the heatsink to the power supply transistor. it left a big old hole in the outside of my coax cable and a burn mark on the heatsink. abviously the set shut off and would not turn back on. so i looked and the fuse was blown, now i did not have another fuse, so just to see if it would be okay until i got a fuse i bypass it and proceed to hook it up to a dim bulb tester i use on my tube radios. i turned it on and got nothing from the tv, however the bulb was glowing very dimly, so i plugged it into full current and it made a sound like it was degausing and then nothing. i tryed turning it off and on and nothing, not even the noise. i can tell it is drawing current for a second because the lights dim for a split second when turned on, however no other signs of life.

Post subject: Re: Telerent leasing corporation tv (i broke it and need hel
PostPosted: May Wed 22, 2019 12:03 am 

Please keep all discussion about one TV in one thread for continuity purposes. Forum rules prohibit multiple topics being started.

Experience is what you gain when the results aren't what you were expecting.