Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sun 24, 2021 7:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm Glad I Kept My First DVD Player
PostPosted: Sep Fri 24, 2021 6:36 pm 

Every so often I get a request from some friend who needs help with a particular problem. One recent one was from a friend who sells vintage electronics on eBay. He had some late '40s TVs to sell, and he wanted photos showing that the round electrostatic kinescopes in them were still working - apparently working kines like those are scarce. He didn't have any way to put an NTSC signal into them and called me. I showed up with a modulator, my first DVD deck which has audio and composite video RCA jacks, and a DVD of "You Bet Your Life" to provide some old video. I also brought my DSLR and laptop with software to convert the RAW DSLR images to JPEGs suitable for eBay. My friend was pleased with the results. It was kind of fun, and the first time that I had done much with NTSC video since I had been Chief Engine10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
er of a small NTSC TV station more than twenty years ago. In exchange for my help I got a free dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.

Last edited by relindwto6 on Sep Wed 29, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I'm Glad I Kept My First DVD Player
PostPosted: Sep Fri 24, 2021 9:55 pm 

Well don't keep us in suspense; what did you eat?