Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise


It is currently Aug Fri 12, 2022 8:27 am


All times are UTC





Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Tue 03, 2022 10:32 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 12:00 am
Posts: 2329
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284793413108?s ... 1438.l2649

I posted this on the auction forum and didn't get much info. I was wondering how many of these blue sets are out there? Any idea of a realistic value?

I love it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Tue 03, 2022 11:52 pm 
Member

Joined: Aug Sat 16, 2014 1:19 am
Posts: 2293
Location: Palos Verdes, CA
I'm sure that "fifties" can comment on the value of the Regency TR-1G that is for sale on eBay, based on this posting below:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=404999


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Wed 04, 2022 1:04 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 12:00 am
Posts: 40864
Location: SoCal, 91387
Fifties will comment on it after the auction is over.

_________________
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\He Who Dies With The Most Radios Wins/////////////////////////


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Wed 04, 2022 2:57 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug Mon 16, 2021 2:25 am
Posts: 288
Location: Lewis & Clark Stomping Grounds, Oregon, USA
Eric Wrobbel at collector.net states the "Pearlescent" radios (Meridian Blue, Pearl White, Lavender & Powder Pink) are *extremely rare" and some of these colors may take years to show up for sale.

I suppose at the close of the eBay auction we will see a sample of the value in today's market. I know a lot of serious collectors have their eyes on eBay for those "hard to find" Regency transistor radios.

Jeff

***edit*** - The info above relates to the TR-1 models. Not sure the rarity of these colors with the TR-1G models.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Thu 05, 2022 10:55 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 12:00 am
Posts: 2329
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
$2600, I was going to go $1500, moot point now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Thu 05, 2022 10:59 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 12:00 am
Posts: 40864
Location: SoCal, 91387
$2887 W/ California sales tax.

I'll do a thread and post a link to it here, when I receive it next week.

_________________
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\He Who Dies With The Most Radios Wins/////////////////////////


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Thu 05, 2022 11:18 pm 
Member

Joined: Aug Sat 16, 2014 1:19 am
Posts: 2293
Location: Palos Verdes, CA
fifties - You are the BOSS when it comes to the Regency TR-1/TR-1G transistor radios. Congratulations! - Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Fri 06, 2022 3:21 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Tue 31, 2012 12:55 am
Posts: 20956
Location: Mountains of Mourne. Ireland.
It's interesting to see the indentation on the rear cover for the tuning capacitor setscrew, which the early models had.

I would have guessed that the pearlescent cases would have come much later than the solid colors which first began production in November 1954
to be in the stores for Christmas.

As you can see the tuning capacitor was manufactured in the 33rd week of 1954 ~mid August.


Who ate the label. lol
surely it would have been glued in, and never left the factory without one?
Greg.

Edit: okay… it's the 13th week of 1956
need more (or less) coffee... :)


Attachments:
x.png
x.png [ 342.3 KiB | Viewed 1001 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Fri 06, 2022 3:47 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Tue 31, 2012 12:55 am
Posts: 20956
Location: Mountains of Mourne. Ireland.
Serial number 35476-G with a tuning capacitor date code of 43rd week 1955 can be seen here…
https://www.jamesbutters.com/regencytr1gblack.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Fri 06, 2022 6:30 pm 
Member

Joined: Oct Mon 26, 2009 9:02 pm
Posts: 7589
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Richard---you have become an "instant celebrity" !

Have already heard from a couple collector friends who had been following that auction and told them about you. Are you going to display it under a secured glass dome and handle it with white cotton gloves ? Whew !!!

John


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Fri 06, 2022 7:50 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 12:00 am
Posts: 40864
Location: SoCal, 91387
egg wrote:
It's interesting to see the indentation on the rear cover for the tuning capacitor setscrew, which the early models had.

Yes, a TR-1 case.

egg wrote:
I would have guessed that the pearlescent cases would have come much later than the solid colors which first began production in November 1954
to be in the stores for Christmas.

Correct.


egg wrote:
Serial number 35476-G with a tuning capacitor date code of 43rd week 1955 can be seen here…
https://www.jamesbutters.com/regencytr1gblack.htm


egg wrote:
Who ate the label. lol
surely it would have been glued in, and never left the factory without one?
Greg.

A TR-1G chassis in a TR-1 case.

_________________
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\He Who Dies With The Most Radios Wins/////////////////////////


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: May Fri 06, 2022 8:03 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Tue 31, 2012 12:55 am
Posts: 20956
Location: Mountains of Mourne. Ireland.
Thanks for the information Richard.
Pretty little radio, enjoy.

Greg.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: Aug Thu 04, 2022 4:17 pm 
New Member

Joined: Aug Fri 17, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 13
Here is my pearlescent Meridian Blue Regency TR-1. Looks to have been manufactured sometime after the fifth week of 1955. Includes the original label. The back cover does have the dimple under the label, as can be seen in the backlit photo.


Attachments:
Blue TR-1 2.jpg
Blue TR-1 2.jpg [ 462.02 KiB | Viewed 357 times ]
Blue TR-1 1.jpg
Blue TR-1 1.jpg [ 286.93 KiB | Viewed 357 times ]
Blue TR-1 3.jpg
Blue TR-1 3.jpg [ 610.45 KiB | Viewed 357 times ]
Blue TR-1 4.jpg
Blue TR-1 4.jpg [ 576.54 KiB | Viewed 357 times ]
Blue TR-1 5.jpg
Blue TR-1 5.jpg [ 463.35 KiB | Viewed 357 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: Aug Fri 05, 2022 5:35 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 12:00 am
Posts: 40864
Location: SoCal, 91387
Beautiful example, Transistorized! Does it work?

I still need to get the TR-1 chassis I want to put in mine to function. I had it working just bitchen, and then it croaked. Haven't had time yet to work on it again; life gets in the way.

_________________
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\He Who Dies With The Most Radios Wins/////////////////////////


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: Aug Sat 06, 2022 12:06 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep Sat 29, 2012 5:32 pm
Posts: 1035
Location: 13760
What a fantastic find! Of all the TR-1 variants, the "Pearlescent Meridian Blue" is my favorite. It's a shame they're so rare and expensive though, as I'd otherwise have one. For now at least, I'm content with my nice plain red TR-1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: Aug Sat 06, 2022 5:05 am 
New Member

Joined: Aug Fri 17, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 13
fifties wrote:
Beautiful example, Transistorized! Does it work?

I still need to get the TR-1 chassis I want to put in mine to function. I had it working just bitchen, and then it croaked. Haven't had time yet to work on it again; life gets in the way.


Thanks! No idea if it works. Never tested it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: Aug Sat 06, 2022 5:06 am 
New Member

Joined: Aug Fri 17, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 13
50sTransistorRadios wrote:
What a fantastic find! Of all the TR-1 variants, the "Pearlescent Meridian Blue" is my favorite. It's a shame they're so rare and expensive though, as I'd otherwise have one. For now at least, I'm content with my nice plain red TR-1.


Nothing wrong with a nice plain red example either!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue Regency TR1G
PostPosted: Aug Sun 07, 2022 5:58 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 12:00 am
Posts: 40864
Location: SoCal, 91387
transistorized wrote:
50sTransistorRadios wrote:
What a fantastic find! Of all the TR-1 variants, the "Pearlescent Meridian Blue" is my favorite. It's a shame they're so rare and expensive though, as I'd otherwise have one. For now at least, I'm content with my nice plain red TR-1.


Nothing wrong with a nice plain red example either!

Any TR-1 is a good TR-1. :wink:

_________________
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\He Who Dies With The Most Radios Wins/////////////////////////


Top
 Profile  
 
Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  




































Privacy Policy :: Powered by phpBB