Stumbled upon a pocket transistor radio, need advice

Share collecting tips/ideas, discuss transistor radios and other solid-state items. Ads are not permitted.
Prairieporcupine
May Wed 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Stumbled upon a pocket transistor radio, need advice

Post by Prairieporcupine »

Midland solid state 6 pocket radio model 10-006
Copyright 1968 Midland International Corp. No.Kansas City, Mo.
Made exclusively for Midland International Corp in Korea.

Red in color, 9 volt battery, in perfect condition with original box.

Inside the radio, near the battery hook up, B.C. Band, Frequency Rang: AM535-1605KC, I.F.: AM455KC, serial number is blank (?)

I clean houses and apartments for a living. A gal was throwing this out. I have no idea what to do with it, it's worth, or anything about radios. I'm mostly interested in the value of it and where to sell it. I have enough "stuff" and oddball collectables. I can't find anything online about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
PBPP
Jun Tue 21, 2011 7:27 pm
Oak Hill, VA

Re: Stumbled upon a pocket transistor radio, need advice

Post by PBPP »

Not a particularly collectable radio. Midland made mediocre radios. Yours was probably made in Hong Kong.

Going by your description, $20 is probably top end price for this radio on a good day. Would likely bring $10-$15 on eBay.

I'd hold on to it as a conversation piece,
Mitch
This space intentionally left blank.
Prairieporcupine
May Wed 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Prairieporcupine »

I was afraid of that. Thank you for your help. I'm that person always hoping to find something cool and valuable, always failing! Lol. Thanks!
PBPP
Jun Tue 21, 2011 7:27 pm
Oak Hill, VA

Post by PBPP »

We all hope to find a rare bird and cash out. I've lucked out many times and found some amazing items. Most of the time, I strike out. The fun is in the hunt.

Since you appear to be coming up with some neat items, why not sell them on eBay or the local flea market? Flea markets are kind of crazy. The stuff you think will sell, doesn't and the crappy junk sometimes goes for crazy prices. Box of chocolates. hahahaha!

Good luck!
Mitch
This space intentionally left blank.
Derbigdog
Nov Thu 02, 2023 7:13 pm
Henderson, NV

Post by Derbigdog »

I have one as well. Did you ever find a schematic for it?
westcoastjohn
Dec Sat 24, 2011 8:17 pm
Qualicum Beach, Canada

Post by westcoastjohn »

Derbigdog wrote:I have one as well. Did you ever find a schematic for it?
While we wait for the OP to answer if he ever returns, here is a link to a bit of info but no schematic was uploaded yet.
Note there is missinfo here and there, as the OP said Korea, quoting from the doc he had with his radio. Certainly not Hong Kong and probably not Taiwan.

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/midlandin ... 10020.html" -="window.open(this.href);return false;

You came to the best place to get help, because there are transistor radio experts here who can help you with your radio questions even if there is no schematic available. Cheers.
Read the War Diaries: A Radio Amateur in Kyiv, Stalemate by Volodymyr Gurtovy
[:l>I
You must be register and login to post a reply.