Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Mon 18, 2019 11:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Need info on Panasonic RF-1060c
PostPosted: Jan Fri 25, 2019 6:40 am 

I'm trying to disable the weather band on an old Panasonic RF-1060c and repurpose it as an AUX input. I did this before on an old 10 transistor Philco, but it was a much simpler radio.

Anyone have schematics for one of these Panasonics? or a good idea where to solder the summing resistors and ground to? I found 2 pins on the upper 12-pin mode switch (The pin the green capacitor connects to and the pin to the immediate left of it. Tried to attach picture but couldn't get the file size down enough x.x). Problem is one produces all treble. The other all bass. And both are very quiet even when I max out the volume. Can I attach to the squelch knob instead?

I've gotten about as far as I can with nothing but a multimeter, an old Walkman and a couple test leads

Thanks in advance.

~Dakota

Post subject: Re: Need info on Panasonic RF-1060c
PostPosted: Jan Sat 26, 2019 8:59 am 

Howard Sams published service information for Panasonic RF-1060 in TSM-151 (transistor radio series) in late 1973 or early 1974

I haven't got it!
A large metropolitan library may have a copy. Drop some e-mails. Lol

Posting photos to a forum thread...
The skinny: viewtopic.php?p=2717120#p2717120

Greg.

oh... I once played poker with a guy named Dakota... it didn't end well... :shock: