Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Sun 25, 2019 5:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Advice On Collection Liquidation?
PostPosted: Apr Mon 29, 2019 9:27 pm 

Hi All,
I have been a collector of portable transistor multi band/sw radios for a dozen years or so. During that time, I aggressively bought, sold, repaired, refurbished, and gathered documentation/accessories on hundreds of radios that intrigued me. Over that time I have kept the best of the best and enjoyed listening to and experiencing each and every one. I have shared posts on ARF on a number of radios where I sought and found expertise from the knowledgeable members........thanks so much! It has come a time to seriously find new homes for most of the collection......a hard decision. Although I may retain a couple of my favorites of the 50-80 examples which I have a detailed listing of, most should be more appreciated than I have the time for. I would welcome any comments from the members on what might be the best way to possible sell the collection and find the best audience. Naturally, I could individually post advertisements on ARF but that would take a lot of time or E-Bay would be another venue but again, lots of time.
Thanks so much!!

Bob

Last edited by Froggy115 on Apr Tue 30, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Advice On Collection Liquidation?
PostPosted: Apr Mon 29, 2019 10:23 pm 

Don't feel too bad Bob. You have passed the first hurdle by deciding to reduce your collection.
If I were you, I would list them here at arf first, then ebay the remainder, BIN or auction if your blood-pressure is okay.
You have a wonderful collection and I have enjoyed seeing a lot of them in your postings.

I'm up to the rafters here, and even though I no longer purchase radios, about a dozen arrive every year - Help...
Maybe one day I will have an addict's moment of clarity and follow in your footsteps.

73 de Greg.

oh... every time I buy a multiband radio, I think of you - - It's Bob's fault. Lol

PostPosted: Apr Tue 30, 2019 3:11 am 

Thanks Greg for your comments and encouragement.......we'll see where it goes from here.....LOL!
Regards,
Bob

PostPosted: Apr Tue 30, 2019 7:10 pm 

Selling a large collection will be difficult. Nobody wants to purchase 50+ radios all at once unless they are paying 10 cents on the dollar.
I would suggest taking the most valuable ones to E-bay, then work your way down to the least valuable ones. You can always post in the classifieds here and see if there are any takers. You can price them individually or as a discounted lot.

PostPosted: Apr Tue 30, 2019 9:09 pm 

Thanks for all the good suggestions!!!
Much appreciated,
Bob