Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Mon 26, 2020 8:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sylvania 8P18-1 Coat Pocket Transistor Radio--UPDATED
PostPosted: Aug Sat 24, 2019 7:35 pm 

I did a little audio comparison between the Sylvania and an Emerson 888 and a Zenith 500. You can see the You Tube video here:

https://youtu.be/IKrKMHj6HD8

In retrospect, I probably should have used the Zenith Royal 500 H instead of the 500B. It would have been a fairer comparison with the Zenith.

PostPosted: Aug Sat 24, 2019 9:52 pm 

Hey Ed,

Just watched your video while at garage workbench. The Sylvania seemed more clean & "crisp", but didn't sound like it was tuned-in properly---as though slightly off freq. ? Pretty sure that the Emerson speaker is bigger than Zenith, but not sure of Sylvania, though from your pics earlier, it also seems larger...

Thanks for the link ! Was given an i-Phone 6 (use it for camera) and have thought of trying a video with it one day---how hard is it to upload to You-Tube ?

John

PostPosted: Aug Sun 25, 2019 2:22 am 

John, thanks for the feedback. I probably knocked the Sylvania off frequency when I was fumbling with it at the beginning of the video. The Emerson and Sylvania speakers are pretty close in size, and larger than the Zenith’s. I really should have used the Zenith 500H for the comparison.

If you download the Pinnacle video editing app to your iPhone, it will process and upload your completed videos to You Tube for you. Other editing apps may do the same. Pinnacle is very easy to use, but has lot’s of features.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Moderator: Dave Doughty Go to page Previous  1, 2