Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sun 02, 2022 9:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Telefunken receiver cords
PostPosted: Aug Wed 17, 2022 6:46 pm 

Hello all!

Awesome forum, I'm hoping someone might have some advice or ideas. I have this 1958 telefunken receiver and record player but no cords.

I guess i have two questions, does anybody know where i might be able to purchasr them?

The 2nd question I have is, if I can find an end that fits, is the output for the tape player specific to that machine? Or could I connect another device to the tape player input, maybe something bluetooth?

Post subject: Re: Telefunken receiver cords
PostPosted: Aug Thu 18, 2022 2:46 am 

The power cord is sometimes the interlock kind "cheater cord", probably getting harder to find. You'd have to measure the pins to be sure, or someone here might know.

Input on german stuff was often a 5 pin DIN connector, I don't see why something other than a tape player with line level outputs wouldn't work.

Though if the thing has no cords and hasn't been used in however long it's probably wise to give it a tuneup first. (some parts may have died from old age, which might cause more damage if powered up).

PostPosted: Aug Thu 18, 2022 3:49 am 

Howdy Marko,
So the receiver works well, it has a power cord, it's the record player that has a broken cord. Im not sure what you mean by cheater cord, if you can see the pic of the input is there a vertical blade in the center of the two round prongs?
And the input on the right, that's for an additional speaker, correct? Just one speaker I'm thinking.

I've uploaded a close in pic of the tape input and a pic of all three and then a close in one of the record player.

Any ideas on where to purchase these? No luck on amazon or ebay

PostPosted: Aug Thu 18, 2022 4:11 am 

Oh, I misunderstood the question, I thought you had a power cord problem. I can't see the pictures.

PostPosted: Aug Thu 18, 2022 2:06 pm 

Can anybody tell me how to add a pic? I choose a file, add the file and then submit and my picture isn't uploaded.
At the top it says the extension heic is not allowed.

PostPosted: Aug Thu 18, 2022 2:57 pm 

AAjonesbroker wrote:
Can anybody tell me how to add a pic? I choose a file, add the file and then submit and my picture isn't uploaded.
At the top it says the extension heic is not allowed.
The "HEIC" image type file is generated by the 'phone. The 'phone settings can be changed to save the image as a jpg.

Rather than repeat how to change the setting go online and search Google [how to change image setting (your iphone name and type).

HEIC is a form of advanced jpg. there may be an online image processor or an app than can also make the conversion to files all ready saved.

Jargon: "Cheater Cord" An electrical power supply cord that has had any device or other accidental connection configuration removed so an electrical device can be powered for testing purposes.

Note: Telefunken is a foreign receiver and many of the fittings are of Metric measurement/configuration.

GL

Chas

PostPosted: Aug Thu 18, 2022 9:22 pm 

I thought these had DIN connector cables?

http://www.wb6nvh.com

PostPosted: Aug Sat 20, 2022 1:40 pm 

If you could give use the model number of your Telefunken console unit that would help. Look for printing on the rear panel and/or a number printed on the front tuner glass or speaker cloth.

Attachments:
D399E17F-743B-4941-91EC-809934720E62.png
D399E17F-743B-4941-91EC-809934720E62.png [ 90.89 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]