Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Tue 25, 2020 6:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ceramic coil form
PostPosted: May Wed 22, 2019 11:13 pm 

At first I thought of posting this in the Tubes and Parts forum but this seems like a more likely place to get knowledgeable replies. At one time someone wrote "80" in pencil on the underside; I assume this means 80 meters. There are no indications of the mfr. on it anywhere. Do any of you recognize it and know what piece of equipment it might have been intended for? Perhaps a transmitter? -- the ceramic would presumably stand up to heat stress better than the usual material coil forms were made from.

I happen to have a NOS Hammarlund ceramic 6-pin base that will go very nicely with it, and so I'm going to go build a regenerative receiver around it. :D

Tom

Attachment:
ceramicform.jpg
ceramicform.jpg [ 213.25 KiB | Viewed 308 times ]

Post subject: Re: Ceramic coil form
PostPosted: May Thu 23, 2019 12:23 am 

Good Evening Tom. That's a really nice form. Ceramic is very low loss, and as you stated, would be good for transmitters. Yours is per drilled, which is good. Drilling ceramic is not for the faint of heart. Good luck with you Regen project. Post photo's and updates as you go.