How much is a Swan Cygnet 260 worth?

Discussion of vintage equipment with amateur and general coverage bands, including military sets. Ads are not permitted.

Moderator: Sandy

arianskre
Dec Wed 22, 2021 7:20 pm
Sherwood Park, Alberta

How much is a Swan Cygnet 260 worth?

Post by arianskre »

I have a Swan Cygnet Model 260 with an original mic I got in April at a local hamfest. Truth be told, I’ve used it less than ten times since I got it and it’s just taking up space on my radio desk. It’s in almost pristine cosmetic condition, except for minor scratches on the face plate, nothing too serious. The eye tube is strong, responsive and bright. Both receivers and transmits AM as well as CW. All knobs are original, the glass isn’t cracked anywhere, the dial is nice and the whole set has been recaped by someone with a lifetime more experience than me. So the question remains, what would be a reasonable price I could ask for it?
Attachments
6EDCC846-92AF-46EB-891B-E9FF8A4FEA1B.jpeg
manualman
Nov Sat 07, 2009 10:37 pm
Sayreville, NJ 08872

Re: How much is a Swan Cygnet 260 worth?

Post by manualman »

Nothing special or rare about it.
And you know what you paid for it.
It isn't a cash cow!
Pete WA2CWA "A cluttered desk is a sign of genius"
https://www.manualman.com"
arianskre
Dec Wed 22, 2021 7:20 pm
Sherwood Park, Alberta

Post by arianskre »

I payed 100-120 CAD for it. It sounded reasonable to me and it sounds like a reasonable price to ask for it
ArtFromNY
Feb Tue 11, 2020 10:43 pm
Mechanicville NY 12118 USA

Post by ArtFromNY »

arianskre wrote:I have a Swan Cygnet Model 260 with an original mic I got in April at a local hamfest. Truth be told, I’ve used it less than ten times since I got it and it’s just taking up space on my radio desk. It’s in almost pristine cosmetic condition, except for minor scratches on the face plate, nothing too serious. The eye tube is strong, responsive and bright. Both receivers and transmits AM as well as CW. All knobs are original, the glass isn’t cracked anywhere, the dial is nice and the whole set has been recaped by someone with a lifetime more experience than me. So the question remains, what would be a reasonable price I could ask for it?
List it on eBay for $300 and let some time go by, keep dropping price 5% every few weeks, and sooner or later you will find the actual, cash on the barrel head, for real value of the radio, at that exact time and place. If you want to narrow it down to what is it worth at your front door, sell as pickup only, will not ship.

Listings are free :)

Art
You must be register and login to post a reply.