Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Sun 15, 2019 5:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Transformer and speaker help
PostPosted: Dec Fri 09, 2011 12:17 am 

First time on here but have been a radio, microphone and, phonograph collector for decades and now I need some help.

I have had for decades one Jewett and one Silvertone tube radio and now I am trying to make them work. I purchased a battery eliminator and replacement transformers from Arbe but, I don't know how to solder the transformers in. I mean, which wires go where on each radio. (I also have a Radiola III I want to get working, so I need help there, too.)

I cannot find a model number on the Jewett. All I can find is a serial number stamped into a ammeter looking thing on the front of the radio. That number is 1102.

On the Silvertone, the only number I can find is a number stamped in white on the board that the tubes go into. That number is B4767.

Any help on telling me which wires from the transformer go to what on each radio would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also, for the Jewett, I have a Superspeaker in working condition. When I removed the bottom cardboard panel (to replace the green felt) I saw a pivoting switch on the side of the driver. There is a hole in the side of the base of the speaker. I'm wondering what the switch is for and should there be a connector through the hole in the side of the base to the switch.

I know I'm asking a lot but I'm a novice and could use your expert help.

Thanks.