Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Thu 02, 2021 5:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: EICO 1078 VAR. AC SUPPLY - METER REPAIR HELP & SCHEMATIC
PostPosted: Feb Tue 14, 2012 5:04 am 

These pics are of the ammeter on the variac. The meter reads about 10% low, and does not zero, the picture was taken before I adjusted the levers to get the best reading, thus losing the zero. This meter apparently adjusts with the little levers to the left and right in the two lower pictures,also seen through the slots in the face. I have not seen these levers on a meter before, only the little zero adjusting screws usually found.

The right lever peaks the meter with a little flat plate in next to the armature. The left lever has a little leg, and was way out of place when I started attempting the repair. This lever is not making any contact at present. The needle, spring, and armature are in good shape and the needle swings freely. The only coil is large wire, and there are no rectifiers, diodes, or capacitors attached to this meter. The panel has a switch to select 2.5 or 7.5 amperes range for the meter. This works OK.

All connections treated with DeOxit and tightened. The voltmeter reads dead on.

Still haven't found a schematic.

Anyone familiar (or not) with this type meter is welcome to chime in. Thanks to all, Bill

Edit: What I need to know is what the left lever does and how it does it. It is currently non-functional.

Post subject: Re: EICO 1078 VAR. AC SUPPLY - METER REPAIR HELP & SCHEMATIC
PostPosted: Sep Sun 09, 2018 3:56 pm 

I can not open your photos.

I have a 1078, and have traced out the schematic. My 7.5A shunt was burnt out so I made a new one. I can only get +/- 1 div accuracy. I believe. Just cheap meters .

PM me if you still need schematic.