Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Fri 25, 2020 4:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: radiola 82 aux input update.
PostPosted: Jun Sun 30, 2019 12:19 am 

i ordered the recommended transformer from the last thread (https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/t ... output-8-w). it sounds nice but its still not as loud as i would like. not as loud as the radio. i want it to be earsplittingly loud. its wired with the 5k ohm resistor between pins 3 and 5 and the signal between pins 2 and 3. what do i have to do to get it louder.

Post subject: Re: radiola 82 aux input update.
PostPosted: Jun Sun 30, 2019 1:52 am 

i built a box to hold the transformer, input and output jacks and a volume control. and a second box that holds the input jack and the radio / aux switch. it sounds crystal clear. the quality is amazing. its just not that loud. about 1/3rd - 1/2 what the radio can do. i would like it to be capable of the same volume as the radio so i can hear it all over my house. is this the best it can do with only passive components or can i mess with resistor or capacitor values to bring the volume up.

PostPosted: Jun Sun 30, 2019 6:59 am 

Is this thread a continuation of a prior thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=360297&p=3041579#p3041579

It looks as if information needed here is over there.

You might see if this thread can be moved over to the existing thread.

I can't imagine suggesting using an audio output transformer for this function; the voice coil winding does not have enough inductance.

It would be a good idea to publish a schematic of what you have done, because the verbal description is hard to follow.

We need to see what source is used, how the channels are mixed if it's stereo, how the transformer(s) are connected,
and how the connections are made at the radio.

An iPhone or MP3 player headphone output can provide plenty of signal power to give good volume from the radio. You do need a reasonably appropriate transformer and circuit to make this work.

Ted

PostPosted: Jun Sun 30, 2019 6:50 pm 

here is a schematic of how i did it. inputs through mono summed resistor to 16 ohm tap. ground to ground tap. other side of trans. center tap not used. end taps used as signal and ground through a pot to the output. output wired to the radio as per the schematic. i cant figure out how to reduce it enough to make it fit on the page. its not bad. i would just like it louder. the radio is capable of shaking the house. the aux input wont do that.

Attachments:
input box crop.jpg
input box crop.jpg [ 146.45 KiB | Viewed 176 times ]