Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Fri 22, 2021 11:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dc motor control problem
PostPosted: Sep Sat 25, 2021 4:59 pm 

Hi I’ve got a Thomas pacconi radio phono I’m working on, yes I know very cheap unit. Problem I’m having is the motor control circuit useing an6651 controller adjustable pot won’t work on 45 or 33 speed replaced motor with an6651.repaired speed switch and speed control on motor works but still too slow. Has any one run into this problem?
Forrest.

Post subject: Re: Dc motor control problem
PostPosted: Sep Sun 26, 2021 7:20 pm 

Have you checked the DC voltage going into the motor control IC? If it is low it will cause this problem.

PostPosted: Sep Tue 28, 2021 2:28 pm 

Hi Lornz thank you for your reply I’ve got 13.8 volts when running I think that should be enough. Between the external pot and the H pot on the motor I can adjust to 78, also 45 but 33 is too slow external pot won’t work on 33or 45. I think I mite have a bad motor, any suggestions?
Forrest.

PostPosted: Sep Tue 28, 2021 3:50 pm 

I'm fairly sure that the Thomas Pacconi record player turntable is the same as is used by the Chinese Crosleys. These are available for cheap at shopgoodwill.com; shipping will be the most expensive part of the deal. If you can find a source for Crosley repair parts (I know that at least the rubber drive belt and the cartridge is available as aftermarket repair parts) you might be able to find a new motor for your unit. Otherwise shopgoodwill.com might be the best way to get your set working again (the entire turntable should drop right in).

PostPosted: Sep Tue 28, 2021 9:01 pm 

Forrest,
Have the workings (bearings and such) of the record player been cleaned and lubed?
Just wondering since the faster speeds, requiring more power, are attainable and adjustable, but the slower speed isn't quite attainable. If turntable movement is not an issue, Lorenz200w has the better advice.
-marc

PostPosted: Sep Thu 30, 2021 1:45 am 

Thank you Marc and Lorenz for your input, I think I’m going to order another motor I just can’t get this one up to 33 speed.
Forrest.