How to fix >> DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT <<

Share collecting tips/ideas, discuss antique radios and related items. Restoration topics should be put in that category; other topics that don't directly involve radio or radios also belong in other categories. Ads are not permitted.

Moderator: sofaslug

Fred Rice
Jul Tue 11, 2006 2:56 am
Philadelphia, PA

Re: How to fix >> DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT <<

Post by Fred Rice »

Alan, thanks for reactivating my account.

I used to be more active on this forum. In 2009 I started working for our local transportation agency and could no longer hang out during the day. I retired last year and hope to have more time now to play radio.
Fred
WA3KIO

Sundays at 4pm
WRDV-FM
http://www.wrdv.org" -="window.open(this.href);return false;
Your Oldies & Big Band Station
Electronic Memory
Nov Thu 11, 2010 5:03 pm
Pewaukee, WI

Post by Electronic Memory »

It sounds like there may still be some members that need help. SIXMILLION DOLLARMAN posted this on Videokarma a while back.

http://videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=275579" -="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alan Voorhees
Site Admin
Jan Thu 01, 1970 12:00 am
Baguio City, Philippines

Post by Alan Voorhees »

I may have screwed up in fixing his account. I literally have had hundreds of requests, in which I copied and pasted information back and forth between different browser windows, changing administration screen in the process. I literally had a rhythm going, click here, click there twice, scroll down, pick option, click submit, go back, select a different form, go to other window, click twice, select, copy, back to other window, click twice, paste, scroll down, submit. Reset page, go to the other window, click twice, enter reply, send, delete message. Next ...

I screwed up a couple and people had to email me a second time. I would fix the issue and apologize.

This is not personal. If you have an issue, just email me:

alan@antiqueradios.com
andyt
Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:12 pm
Petworth, West Sussex, England

Post by andyt »

Thanks - account re-activated and I am back in.
Andy
455kc
Sep Mon 29, 2014 3:38 am
Buena Park, CA

Post by 455kc »

Sorry for my part in not getting the message.

I've been in and out, but mostly out, or only finding posts here via Google, reading them and moving on without logging in to discover I couldn't anymore.

I'm sure there are other radio forums (fora?) I haven't visited in a while as well, including a certain Phorum. (I hope I haven't hurt any "pheelings" over there.)

The only reason I noticed my account problem was when I wanted to post an update to a radio I finally finished refurbishing after SEVEN YEARS! I was worried that maybe that radio was so ugly, it frightened young children and got me banned! ;-)

Now I'm semi-retired and sometimes have more time for radios. I'll always be peeking in, but hopefully I'll have cause to log in and participate a little more often.

Dan
"Why, the tubes alone are worth that price!"
torch
Nov Wed 28, 2012 3:25 am
Muskoka Ontario Canada

Post by torch »

Well that was fast. I found this thread, sent an e-mail based on the first post, and received an e-mail notifying me that I was reactivated before I managed to finish reading the rest of the thread!

Thanks.
unusualdesigner_1

Post by unusualdesigner_1 »

I have been trying to send an email to you as requested but it keeps getting bounced. I'd like to re-activate my original acct.
Alan Voorhees
Site Admin
Baguio City, Philippines

Post by Alan Voorhees »

Your original account has been reactivated and the new one deleted.
WimWalther
Apr Fri 28, 2023 11:50 pm
Saint Paul, MN

Post by WimWalther »

Having not been on the site in a couple of years, and not seeing this thread, I went and regged a new account under this, my newer and preferred username.

If a mod would like to purge my old account, just send an email or PM and I can provide the details. I was never very active, so it's no real loss.

Though it would be nice to be taken off moderation, as its just an unnecessary hassle for myself & the mods.

Thanks,
Bill
Alan Voorhees
Site Admin
Baguio City, Philippines

Post by Alan Voorhees »

WimWalther wrote:Having not been on the site in a couple of years, and not seeing this thread, I went and regged a new account under this, my newer and preferred username.

If a mod would like to purge my old account, just send an email or PM and I can provide the details. I was never very active, so it's no real loss.

Though it would be nice to be taken off moderation, as its just an unnecessary hassle for myself & the mods.

Thanks,
Bill
16,710 members managed to do this without creating a second account, which is not permitted, and none of them demanded that we contact you to straighten everything out.
Unusualdesigner
May Sun 08, 2011 9:45 pm
Los Angeles, CA

Post by Unusualdesigner »

Thank you Alan. Old account is working.
It's easier to make a steam powered lobster trap than a lobster powered steam trap
patmat2350
Mar Sat 01, 2014 12:40 am
Temecula, CA

Post by patmat2350 »

Whatever the total count is, I just made it +1. Thanks Alan!
Electronic Memory
Pewaukee, WI

It looks like user quarterminecamel got locked out and his emails to Allen aren't going through....
He posted a thread asking for help on Videokarma. http://videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=275898" -="window.open(this.href);return false;
stevebyan
May Wed 18, 2011 1:40 am
Littleton, MA

Post by stevebyan »

That would be “quartermilecamel”. Probably autocorrect “helped” you out?
Electronic Memory
Pewaukee, WI

stevebyan wrote:That would be “quartermilecamel”. Probably autocorrect “helped” you out?
Yeah, it messes up my posts often.... It's what I get for almost always posting on my phone.
RTM
Sep Sat 18, 2021 5:02 pm
Mount Holly, NC 28120

Post by RTM »

I was one of them. I didn't see any email notification that it was happening. I had just finished the restoration of my Grandfather's Philco Model 20 with much-appreciated assistance from several members. I was gearing up to take a run out at a severely (not tubes, I should be so lucky) power supply lyric forgetting Clarion C103 (No RF either) that I hadn't seen since I was about twelve. When I tried to log in that's when I discovered it, but I still didn't see the added requirement anywhere.

Thanks to Alan for the reactivation!

I'll post about the Clarion C103 (and a Kenwood KT-5020 rescue) in the appropriate forums.

Best to all,

Dwight
a125489
Jun Thu 08, 2023 2:17 pm
Tampa Fl

Post by a125489 »

egg wrote:Find a member, +stats.
https://antiqueradios.com/forums/member ... &field=add" -="window.open(this.href);return false;
click headers to toggle fields, up and down.
C.Mon Greg, 20,100 more posts to be on top :P
lostcauses10x
Feb Mon 25, 2013 2:39 am
Truth or Cosequences, NM

Post by lostcauses10x »

Thanks for reactivation.
tanveerriaz
Jun Sat 27, 2015 4:35 am
Rawalpindi Pakistan

Post by tanveerriaz »

Thanks - account re-activated
my pc has malware (SPAMMER msg to other user) problem.or account hijack.
i apologize for all member how get spamm msg form me.
LadyFat
Jun Sat 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Albania Tirana

Post by LadyFat »

tanveerriaz wrote: Feb Wed 28, 2024 6:19 pm Thanks - account re-activated
my pc has malware (SPAMMER msg to other user) problem.or account hijack.
i apologize for all member how get spamm msg form me.
This is so good to know about it.
You must be register and login to post a reply.