Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Thu 20, 2019 4:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Glass dial reproduction
PostPosted: Jun Fri 07, 2013 5:32 am 

Can anyone recommend a company who can reproduce a silk screened glass dial? It's a fairly simple flat glass dial with 3 colors. I have a high resolution scan of the dial, so they wouldn't have to do any graphics creation. I just need someone who can do good quality printing on glass. Has anyone here used Radiodaze? If so, how is their quality?

Post subject: Re: Glass dial reproduction
PostPosted: Jun Fri 07, 2013 2:57 pm 

Most places I've talked to over the years want a vector file of the image, not sure if anyone would do it with just a scan. Is it a .jpg?

I'd be curious if anyone has used Radiodaze as well. I have a dial I had redone a few years ago, but it's a cling decal on glass. I'd rather have it printed right on the glass.

Peter

PostPosted: Jun Fri 07, 2013 6:05 pm 

Radiodaze said they do print directly onto the glass, the only question is whether or not the cost will be worth it. I've given them more information, and they will get back to me with an estimate. I'll post back when I learn more. Meanwhile, I'm still open to hearing about good, or bad experiences with this kind of work.

I might do some experiments with transparencies while I'm waiting. I'm planning to try sandwiching a color laser printed transparency between two sheets of glass. Even if I end up getting the custom glass made, it will allow me to be sure my file is good enough.

PostPosted: Jun Mon 10, 2013 8:37 pm 

The cost is $49 for the first one, and $39 for additional copies. I was able to provide a good enough quality image so that minimal graphics design work is needed which made the cost a little lower. It takes 3-4 weeks.