Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sun 20, 2019 3:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Coca Cola Radio cabinet
PostPosted: Aug Wed 07, 2019 8:04 pm 

I'm on my way to restoring a coca cola cooler radio. I purchased the decals, and have a bit of cabinet work ahead of me. One of the bars covering the grill is missing a .25in section. What's the best material to fabricate the small missing piece? Also, when I paint the raised coca cola logo on the front, what's the best way to do that? I was thinking of putting paint on a surface and then pressing the front of the cabinet onto it. Or perhaps a hard rubber roller and rolling it on?
Thanks all,
Zach

Post subject: Re: Coca Cola Radio cabinet
PostPosted: Aug Wed 07, 2019 9:00 pm 

One way to do raised lettering where the background is painted a different color: paint the letters and the area around them with something tenacious like enamel or epoxy based paint, then after it has curred laydown the background color in a a different chemistry paint (like thin automotive touchup lacquer) and as soon as you have sprayed the area wipe it off the raised lettering with a a firm cleaning pad that won't sink below the letters...