Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Fri 03, 2020 11:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Zenith Model 715 Veneers?
PostPosted: Aug Sun 11, 2019 4:24 pm 

I need to know what type of veneers were used on the Zenith Model 715. The top and the two sides appear to be the same, but the front appears to be book matched veneer. My question is are both walnut, or mahogany, and what type? Possibly burled on top and sides, and figured on front? Your opinions are welcome. Thanks, Carl-Louisiana

Post subject: Re: Zenith Model 715 Veneers?
PostPosted: Aug Mon 12, 2019 2:39 pm 

I recently found an advertisement for this model, and it stated that it used maple burl. It appears from Radio Attic Archives that this could indeed be true, as for the top arch, and the left and right side front panels; however, the center including the grill appear to me to be figured book matched walnut? I would love to hear from any member who is an expert in veneers regarding my opinion about this subject. Thanks, Carl-Louisiana

Post subject: Re: Zenith Model 715 Veneers?
PostPosted: Aug Mon 12, 2019 7:16 pm 

I'm not a wood species expert but could be book matched figured mahogany on the main front panel, or could be walnut ? There almost the same looking.