Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Tue 29, 2020 8:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Krylon Fusion Paint
PostPosted: Aug Sat 16, 2003 7:15 am 

Someone asked a while ago about this new paint for plastic (I couldn't find the post). Tried a can on a Zenith H511 (Black). Result was excellent (in my opinion), much better than pevious attempts with standard Krylon spray paints. Anyone else want to share experience/comments. BOB<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Aug Sat 16, 2003 10:53 am 

Several stores here now have that i noticed its for more than plastics so i bought a can to paint the metal grille on my jukebox and i liked the results .<BR>There is something different about it , i have not tried to see if it chips off though <P>------------------<BR><BR>

PostPosted: Sep Thu 04, 2003 10:50 am 

I too tried some of that Fusion paint today. It seems to go on nice, has a great spray head. Only thing I noticed is that it takes WAY longer than an hour to really cure, unlike the can says. You can recoat in as little as 30 seconds, and I had NO trouble with runs. It seems to have orange peeled a little on me, but it might have been a little on the cool side when I painted so cant say for sure it was the paints fault. Hopefully I can wetsand and add another coat under better conditions. I'll let you know if it turns my plastic into a puddle of goo!!<BR>-Jeremy<P>------------------<BR>After working on computers all day long, its nice to turn on a 70 year old radio and have it work as good as the day it was made...

PostPosted: Sep Thu 04, 2003 5:25 pm 
Started using this fusion paint. Seems much thicker than other sprays, and I like the adjustable nozzle thingy.<P>But I learned quick that you should go slow with it. It does sag if you add too much at once. Best to do just 2 or 3 sweeps per every 5 minutes. When done, looks very natural and professional results.<P>Also, I had one can with a defective nozzle. did a spurt instead of a spray, and due to the nature of this paint, you cannot wipe it off easy. Starts setting the moment it hits.<BR>Test the spray before appling.<P>Good luck all.<P>Dan <P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.radioswapmeet.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.radioswapmeet.com</A> Antique and Vintage Electronics Exchange