Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Wed 30, 2020 7:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Information on a "Philips 156 D"
PostPosted: Aug Fri 22, 2003 12:49 am 

I can't believe this but I found this in the hard rubbish collection last week!!!<BR>It has had a going over though;<BR>probably droppped on left side<BR>nobs missing<BR>4 valves(I think) missing<BR>speaker missing<P>I haven't turned it on yet(because I know it's all not there).<P>But is there place I could find info about it? I haven't found any surfing the web yet.<BR>thanx<BR>

PostPosted: Aug Thu 28, 2003 11:44 am 

Hi Matt<P>I only know of a Philips 156 AV, a radio using the tubes ECH3, ECF1, EBL1, UY1N that could be operated on mains or 6 V batteries.<P>It existed also a portable radio 156 UBV using the D-series tubes, but this one had 6 tubes plus a regulating tube.<P>Can you give us more details as guessed age, kind of tube bases, also and specially where you found this radio / where it could be built, because radios made in the UK and in Australia had other model numbers than the ones made in continental Europe and i'm poorly documented about these...<P>Kind regards, Walter Haring, Switzerland<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Aug Sun 31, 2003 7:01 pm 

I got it in Australia, but I have already taken the radio parts out of the cabniet and boxed them ready to be dropped off at a radio repair/restoration shop. <BR>The rest of the cabniet work I will try to do myself (wood repair, glossing, fitting a speaker).<BR>I will post some pics soon I hope.