Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Sun 21, 2019 7:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Question about Magnavox/Collaro changer part description
PostPosted: Oct Fri 05, 2018 4:58 pm 

Got this Magnavox console stereo in for repair, the changer, model W821/03/00, was locked up because the main cycling gear and the middle plastic drive gear were out of time by a tooth. (This model does not use a separate rubber idler to drive the cycling mech, turntable hub driven) I noticed in the at-rest position of the plastic gear, there is a tooth right next to the turntable hub that is about half the size/length of the others. Is this normal or is the tooth worn down and the gear needs replacing? Otherwise the changer is functioning normally after I got it timed right but wondering if it will get out of time again. Thanks for any assistance!

Post subject: Re: Question about Magnavox/Collaro changer part description
PostPosted: Oct Sat 06, 2018 6:03 am 

I have one of those W800 series changers and recall when I looked mine over that the smaller teeth you mention on the plastic gear is supposed to be that way by design.

Post subject: Re: Question about Magnavox/Collaro changer part description
PostPosted: Oct Tue 09, 2018 7:00 pm 

Thank you for the reply. I thought it looked normal but wanted to double check. Still need to degrease the changer a bit and get a new idler from Gary and then it'll be ready to go!