Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Tue 16, 2019 7:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Seeburg Jukebox clutches...
PostPosted: May Wed 22, 2019 3:43 am 

Quick question to the Seeburg Jukebox guru's. I am helping a friend repair a 100J and it appears the clutch is damaged. It fell during a transport and the mechanism just wobbles on the track. Question: Are all the clutches on the 100 series interchangeable? They look the same to me. I think I have some 100 A, B, or C clutches that I can replace the damaged one with but not sure if the casting is the same on the mechanisms for slightly different models.

Thanks!
Rudy

Post subject: Re: Seeburg Jukebox clutches...
PostPosted: May Thu 23, 2019 9:12 am 

I'm unsure which clutches are interchangeable. Since Seeburg "A" machines played 78 RPM records and the mechanism was quite different from the 45 RPM mechanism I doubt the "A" mechanism would be a donor. When Seeburg changed to a Tormat Memory system that was a major change so those clutches might be more likely to be different. I believe the Tormat came out in 1955 with the V models. My memory is horrible!

A sure place for the answer would be the web site Jukebox Addicts. The moderator, Ron Rich, is a Seeburg guy and knows about everything and every detail of almost any Seeburg from the fifties.

Post subject: Re: Seeburg Jukebox clutches...
PostPosted: May Thu 23, 2019 8:06 pm 

I think it's the same but why not just compare to what you have? Particular parts may interchange at least.

Falling on it's side can cause the teeth to strip where they engage the rack but I can't think of much else that would be easily damaged on the clutch, and any such damage should easily be visible if you can get the mech to the K10 position.