Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Thu 06, 2020 10:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: eBay's Latest Money Grab?
PostPosted: Mar Sat 17, 2018 4:44 am 

I was just checking my eBay store and there was a message from eBay. Supposedly someone has an amplifier of mine in their cart; I see no indication of a pending sale. I read the message and it goes: "Lower the price by 5% on these items in shoppers' carts, and we'll email them to say their deal just got better."

Another ploy by eBay to get you to sell stuff cheaper? I'm going to pass.

I have heard that eBay is trying several things to get sellers to either lower prices or drop "non-performing" items altogether. I watched a Youtube video last night that confirms a lot of suspicions that eBay is actually hiding listings that have no watchers, views or questions in several months. One person (crazeenydriver) recommends Ending old listings, then instead of Relisting you click on Sell Similar (that item will come up), then you make some description edits, then relist it. This will make your listing a New listing and it will not be hidden. Just relisting is not good enough as eBay knows it's an old listing.

Good luck sellers (you're going to need it).

Post subject: Re: eBay's Latest Money Grab?
PostPosted: Mar Sat 17, 2018 5:14 am 

I don't know what you sell or what you ask for it, reasonable no doubt, but there are a lot of crazy people on eBay asking crazy prices and relisting it for week and even years when it doesn't sell.

Take a look at the Vintage TV section some time, it's a rare day indeed when someone lists a set at a realistic price.

PostPosted: Mar Sat 17, 2018 11:30 am 

Quote:
"Lower the price by 5% on these items in shoppers' carts, and we'll email them to say their deal just got better."

This morning I received a similar eBay email. My item is listed as a "Buy it Now," item, so a potential buyer actually can offer much less than 5% from the listing's asking price.
I went ahead and lowered the listing's asking price by $20 or 5.6%.
I'll keep this thread informed if a sale is triggered within a few days.

PostPosted: Mar Sat 17, 2018 12:00 pm 

Considering how much detritus is listed there, I'm all in favor of clearing it out. Sellers aren't yet required to lower prices so set your own and ignore the messages. I've gotten those messages when I re-list items.