Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Tue 10, 2019 6:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WARNING: Motorola 9J Console Tube Auction
PostPosted: Jun Tue 18, 2019 9:17 pm 

Well, legal stuff and negativity aside....did you get the radio?

PostPosted: Jun Tue 18, 2019 9:24 pm 

Dup...

Last edited by OldRestorer on Jun Tue 18, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Jun Tue 18, 2019 9:27 pm 

OldRadioCrazy.com wrote:
OldRestorer wrote:
Blunt...
Sad but true..

In honesty,
You finagled the deal as I see it. You contacted him privately and got it for the opening bid. Unless I am missing something.
You were a little shady and now he is being shady. I'm not bashing you.. I have done the same thing. I'm just saying the situation is not all cut and dry.

:)

Dear OldRestorer- The reason I post so infrequently on ARF is because of "radio ingrates" such as you. You carelessly attack my reputation without a modicum of facts to substantiate your very strange conspiracy theory. You know, people such as you that spew such negativity can't help themselves. They have an uncontrollable psychological tick that drives their lives always in the negative direction. This is symptomatic of a fragile personality that has been starved of optimism.

Knowing your predisposition towards the negative, I wonder during your 6 years of membership and 8117 posts, if you have ever contributed anything meaningful to the enhancement of this hobby's knowledge base or the enjoyment of a group of people with a passion for tube radio.

I encourage you to start a campaign of positivity that will serve other negative members to follow your lead. Bill Whelan

Ingrates? :lol: :lol:

I have no time for your silliness Bill. I said noting but the truth. If you choose to take it to heart thats on you.
I stated fact based on eBay policy and my own experience. Thats not me being negative in any way.

You want negativity? You post here claiming it as yours telling all of us that you bought it. All I heard was "don't try to buy it because it's mine".
Thats how I see your post. You finagled him and are mad that it came back and bit you. In my 6 years and 8118 posts I have probably been negative a few times. Maybe you should take time to read my 8118 posts before calling names.

-Hugs

PostPosted: Jun Tue 18, 2019 9:43 pm 

Locked in 3.... 2.... 1.....

PostPosted: Jun Tue 18, 2019 9:54 pm 

Why lock it? Two folks with differing opinions. Let’s not turn this into a snowflakes only site.

PostPosted: Jun Tue 18, 2019 9:58 pm 

OldRestorer wrote:
OldRadioCrazy.com wrote:
OldRestorer wrote:
Blunt...
Sad but true..

In honesty,
You finagled the deal as I see it. You contacted him privately and got it for the opening bid. Unless I am missing something.
You were a little shady and now he is being shady. I'm not bashing you.. I have done the same thing. I'm just saying the situation is not all cut and dry.

Dear OldRestorer- The reason I post so infrequently on ARF is because of "radio ingrates" such as you. You carelessly attack my reputation without a modicum of facts to substantiate your very strange conspiracy theory. You know, people such as you that spew such negativity can't help themselves. They have an uncontrollable psychological tick that drives their lives always in the negative direction. This is symptomatic of a fragile personality that has been starved of optimism.

Knowing your predisposition towards the negative, I wonder during your 6 years of membership and 8117 posts, if you have ever contributed anything meaningful to the enhancement of this hobby's knowledge base or the enjoyment of a group of people with a passion for tube radio.

I encourage you to start a campaign of positivity that will serve other negative members to follow your lead. Bill Whelan

Ingrates? :lol: :lol:

I have no time for your silliness Bill. I said noting but the truth. If you choose to take it to heart thats on you.
I stated fact based on eBay policy and my own experience. Thats not me being negative in any way.

You want negativity? You post here claiming it as yours telling all of us that you bought it. All I heard was "don't try to buy it because it's mine".
Thats how I see your post. You finagled him and are mad that it came back and bit you. In my 6 years and 8118 posts I have probably been negative a few times. Maybe you should take time to read my 8118 posts before calling names.

-Hugs

"You finagled a deal, blah, blah, blah....." My reaction to your careless words is serious, not silliness as you said in an attempt to disarm my criticism of you. You sit in judgment of my character with only ignorance to guide you. You do not know me, my intentions or my methods of business. Do not compare me to the worse among us but the very best. You have no facts to think otherwise.

PostPosted: Jun Tue 18, 2019 10:06 pm 

What, if anything did ebay say about this situation?

Greg.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 12:46 am 

I hope i’m wrong, and very well maybe, but I’m skeptical about ever getting the final chapter in this saga. Almost tempting to contact the seller for his two cents.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 1:00 am 

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 1:00 am 

Quote:
Locked in 3.... 2.... 1.....

LOL,
Its been done for less.

Quote:
"You finagled a deal, blah, blah, blah....." My reaction to your careless words is serious, not silliness as you said in an attempt to disarm my criticism of you. You sit in judgment of my character with only ignorance to guide you. You do not know me, my intentions or my methods of business. Do not compare me to the worse among us but the very best. You have no facts to think otherwise.

I'm sorry you are upset about the radio loss. Try not to take it out on others...

Maybe you could get back to the topic..

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 1:23 am 

Ok, so the OP bought the radio, and then saw it relisted at a higher price. That auction says it was ended early so I'm curious if the OP wound up with it after all. Hopefully they will update us on what happened, if for no other reason than to let others know what to expect in a similar situation.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 4:06 am 

fifties wrote:
The re-listed auction has a starting bid at what the OP paid in the first auction. If he paid via PayPal, and the seller has not refunded the money, then he should definitely CALL eBay, and go over the situation with them, demanding that the ensuing auction be cancelled, and a note from them to the seller to make good on the transaction or face suspension.

Thank you for aiding me in making my point. The seller sold the radio, hence, it is not his to sell again.

OldRestorer, how would you react if a if you struck a deal with a car dealer for a particular car on his lot, paid cash for it and found out the next day when you came to pick it up that that very car had been sold to someone else? Would you have said, "Oh, well, that's just the way car dealers operate." I somehow doubt it based on your posts in this and other threads.

John

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 4:30 am 

You need to stop equating eBay with the real world. eBay is like a country all by itself; they make up their own language, redefine words and laws, change edicts whenever they so choose and follow thier own guidelines when and if they feel like it.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 10:51 am 

Johnnysan wrote:
You need to stop equating eBay with the real world. eBay is like a country all by itself; they make up their own language, redefine words and laws, change edicts whenever they so choose and follow thier own guidelines when and if they feel like it.

The above comment should be placed as a ‘sticky’ at the start of this forum for everyone to see.

So true, so true.....

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 11:15 am 

In my humble opinion I don't think the used car analogy is a good comparison with this story for one reason. If I paid cash for a car on a lot its going home with me right then and there. 8)

And just an fyi, I've known and done business with Kirk (OldRestorer) for a few years now and I can tell you he's quite a nice guy. Rarely negative and always willing to help.

Just my $.02

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 11:41 am 

Again,
This is so not worth arguing about John.
I never said it would be ok. I literally stated in my original response that it has happened to me so I understood.

Im going to have coffee and be done with this negativity :wink:

Thanks Frank,
When it comes to someones wallet, you cant get in the way. It can get fierce!

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 2:36 pm 

The Saga ended late yesterday. As all of you expected, eBay's limp enforcement failed me. I was not successful at reversing the seller's action to cancel the order. The Seller story after the fact is that the console actually belonged to his 91-year-old Grandmother and she decided to donate the radio to a museum. No way to substantiate this story, but the bottom line is I lost the opportunity to own this radio.

Does anyone know of another 9J that is in a museum such as the Smithsonian? Bill

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 2:42 pm 

Thanks for providing an ending to the story. Sorry you lost the radio and hope you find another one.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 3:02 pm 

I heard it is just a rumor that one of these models is in the Smithsonian. Nobody has been able to substantiate it.

By the way, it is model 9R not 9J. I am owner of #7.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 3:24 pm 

I was just looking at RadioMuseum. I see that a person in Germany has added photos of one of these to RMorg as of May 21, 2019, said to be in his personal collection. Is that one of the 7 known, or is it a new, 8th one?

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 42 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next