Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Fri 25, 2020 5:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Home-Mark stereo console
PostPosted: Jun Thu 20, 2019 3:24 am 

Another comment. In the photos you can see the speaker lugs. I used the push-on connectors on those. The woofers had one large and one small so I bought accordingly. The tweeters were both the same size. I had to squeeze the connectors with pliers because the speaker lugs were thinner than the ones normally used with the connectors.

Chris Campbell

PostPosted: Jun Thu 20, 2019 3:31 am 

Now that I've re-climbed the learning curve on resizing, saving, and finding where the photos are saved, I'll add two of the little console as-found. Note the missing speaker cones.

Chris Campbell

Attachments:
rsz_1p5120441.jpg
rsz_1p5120441.jpg [ 284.28 KiB | Viewed 354 times ]
rsz_p5120442.jpg
rsz_p5120442.jpg [ 239.32 KiB | Viewed 354 times ]

PostPosted: Jul Wed 31, 2019 3:32 am 

Here's an update. I've almost completed the physical restoration of the little console. It has the new speakers and now I'm making secondary baffle boards, 1/8" Masonite that the grille cloth is glued to. They will fit over the existing main baffle board. An online contributor gave me some previously-used Magnavox grille cloth that is a close match to the original weave, judging by the edges still visible. Right now the last edges have been glued to the Masonite and are drying.

The record changer doesn't run. I suspect an issue with the 120 VAC supply since the device seems not to have much solidified grease. The platter rotates forever with a hand spin. It hasn't had much close attention yet.

The volume is still a bit low and the AM and FM sensitivity are less than expected. I'm guessing that old filter caps are pulling down the B+. But electronic work is always hard without a schematic. If anybody can give me a lead on finding a schematic for this Home-Mark, aka Madson-Fielding, device I'd be grateful. There must be one out there somewhere, but it's not clear who the OEM supplier was or who "Home-Mark" was-- a house brand?

Chris Campbell

PostPosted: Jul Wed 31, 2019 3:34 am 

Oops--should be "Madison-Fielding."

Chris

PostPosted: Jul Wed 31, 2019 12:57 pm 

On the changer, it's a Voice of Music. Check the motor and switch. Parts can be bought from Gary at thevoiceofmusic.com

There should a model number for the changer on the bottom of the changer itself.

As a heads up. The changer must be cleaned out of solidified grease and relubricated. It will cause problems later. Solidified grease can cause weird problems.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 25 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2