Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Sun 28, 2021 7:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: OTR Show Can't find it
PostPosted: Jan Mon 20, 2020 6:39 pm 

The show was about a space traveler who crash landed on an asteroid , he then at some point met up with a young woman , they found out there were robots mining the asteroid and they were captured ..... that's about all i can remember.
If somebody knows the name ......could you please respond to this.

Just remembered something else , they weren't mining the asteroid ( or planet) , they were looking for something ....some small handheld electronic item that measured so many cm by cm dimensions .

Post subject: Re: OTR Show Can't find it
PostPosted: Jan Mon 20, 2020 6:47 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
Your description almost sounds like you could be looking for an episode of "X Minus One".

PostPosted: Jan Mon 20, 2020 7:36 pm 

it could be x minus 1 , i've looked , i have some on mp3 , I listen to OTR on my internet radio and that is where i heard it the first time , just don't know who put the show out , or the name

PostPosted: Jan Tue 21, 2020 8:04 pm 

I figured somebody here would have heard it , I've tried different search routines , nothing, thanks again.......idk

PostPosted: Jan Tue 21, 2020 8:49 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
johndavid24 wrote:
I figured somebody here would have heard it , I've tried different search routines , nothing, thanks again.......idk

I don't know that it is an X minus one episode, but if you don't have all of them, here's a link to a place with most of them :

https://archive.org/search.php?query=X%20minus%20one

PostPosted: Jan Tue 21, 2020 10:25 pm 

I'll check that site , thank you , now I need to get that old radio working to get the full effect ! 3 feet wide 3 tall and around 1' deep ,all approx. dimensions , I always told my dad I wanted it , he left it to me , love the tube radios , maybe a AM transmitter . can you be a nerd if your over 50?

PostPosted: Jan Sat 25, 2020 1:16 am 

Sounds kind of familiar. Check the Dimension X episodes too.

PostPosted: Jan Sat 25, 2020 2:10 am 

Scan the story lines from this site to see if one sounds familiar:

http://www.otrplotspot.com/xMinusOne.html

PostPosted: Jan Sat 25, 2020 4:34 am 

johndavid24 wrote:
I'll check that site, thank you, now I need to get that old radio working to get the full effect! 3 feet wide 3 tall and around 1' deep, all approx. dimensions, I always told my dad I wanted it, he left it to me, love the tube radios, maybe a AM transmitter. Can you be a nerd if your over 50?
How about a make, model number of the radio, picture?

Radio nerd? I sure hope so...

PostPosted: Jan Wed 29, 2020 1:57 am 

"ESCAPE", especially toward the end of the series dealt with stories with a Science Fiction bent. That story could also be one from the "ESCAPE" series. There are so many radio series that dealt with such stories finding this one could be like looking for a needle in a haystack :!:

PostPosted: Feb Sat 01, 2020 3:32 am 

i have scanned hundreds, the radio is a Admiral 7C65W-UL , chassis UL7E1

and it's a record player also

PostPosted: Feb Fri 28, 2020 8:57 pm 

It wasn't "Magic Island" long , but maybe 45 minutes . And it was very clear ....maybe newer or a remake. Still bugs me that I can't find it

PostPosted: Feb Sat 29, 2020 2:44 am 

There was a Television episode from "The Twilight Zone" with a similar story. The man had been convicted of a crime on Earth (it seems) and his friends sent him to a remote Planet to reside until his sentence on Earth could be resolved. They provided him with a female robot that looked exactly like a real human woman. All the emotions were there as were the looks. Naturally he falls in love with her. Finally, his sentence on Earth is resolved and a space ship is sent to take him back home. For some reason the female robot cannot go back with the ship. The man having fallen in love decides that he will just stay on the remote Planet and live with the female robot, as his love for her had grown go great.

His companions from the ship decide to just shot the Robot so he will see that his now wife is a Robot. He is against it but the men on the ship shoot the robot and naturally she is just a Robot. That is how the show seemed to have ended and he is now free to return which he does but very sad ending.

Could it be this television show you remember rather than a radio show. Maybe a radio show had a similar story line and was used in ESCAPE or one from that genre of shows as ESCAPE did go somewhat Science Fiction toward the end of its' run?

Early television was really a transition from what had been on radio. Many of the popular radio shows became Television shows. Our memory can play strange tricks on us.