Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Wed 08, 2021 2:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Westinghouse cabinet radio
PostPosted: Sep Thu 23, 2021 1:52 am 

Hey, I'm new here and I hope you can help. I was recently left an older (1951 I believe) Westinghouse cabinet radio with a record player inside as well. I know nothing about it. If it came with the record player, if it's common or rare, value well Anything.
The back says it's a Model H-328C7 but when I try to goggle it nothing comes up except a couple sites selling Manuals. I can't find Any information about it! I was hoping someone here knows something/Anything that could help me.. Thank you in advance if anyone has heard of this model.

Post subject: Re: Help Westinghouse cabinet radio
PostPosted: Sep Thu 23, 2021 2:19 am 

It's a very basic 1951 model, with a 7 tube series string chassis that's probably just like one used in a table model radio of that same era.

Unfortunately collectors don't have much interest in common early 1950's consoles and for that reason it has little to no value in 2021. It would probably be impossible to sell at a radio show. Most sets like that usually end up in a donation auction at the end of the show and sell for a couple dollars to be stripped for parts.

Experience is what you gain when the results aren't what you were expecting.

Post subject: Re: Help Westinghouse cabinet radio
PostPosted: Sep Thu 23, 2021 2:40 am 

Thank you! That's more info in one answer than I could find Anywhere on Google. I appreciate it very much.